Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Complete List of Gamebase databases?

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

AAG

Complete List of Gamebase databases?

Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:55 pm

Hi

Just wondered if anyone had a complete list of gamebase databases?

Eg www.buzz22.com lists SNES GameBase - (http://lostinconsoles.com/snesgamebase/home.htm) - but that site has been down fpr a while (anyone got a copy???). Also GambeaseSt isn't listed.

Looking through this group, there's links to Atari 5200, ChannelF, Electron, NES and mention of Atari 2600, 7800, Genesis etc.

I've tried a few times to look through this forum/group & extract a list of system, url, author and state (ie released but author no longer supporting - ie Electron, in development etc) - but haven't been able to complete the list.

Just wondered if someone had a list - and maybe turn it into a sticky?

Thanks
sut
Cool Member
Cool Member

Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:12 pm

I think this is a good idea, upto the admins though :D
Jimbo
GB64 Team

Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:42 pm

If someone compiles a list of DBs with links I'll add them all to bu22.com

James
NLS

Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:12 pm

I don't think it's easy.

Many smaller projects' makers, don't bother even posting anything. I've found at least 1-2 gamebase projects never mentioned but still "almost available" (too few sources if any) in emule etc.
---
NLS
hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:05 pm

i have compiled a list of gamebases that i have known about, if any missing please update list and repost.

http://www.zshare.net/download/668926956a9f646e/

It might be a good idea for authors to upload their effects to www.underground-gamer.com to keep them alive so people can enjoy them. Gamebases upload to websites such as zshare only have a limited download life.
Gamebase Developer
SexyWayne
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:43 pm

Well the Megadrive Gamebase I created has been modified into a Genesis Gamebase and is available on Underground Gamer

Although I've created a few other Gamebases I like to keep them private now, as when I originally uploaded my Megadrive GB I was blasted for not uploading over 2gb of roms and Sega CD images :roll: some people just can't be arsed with searching for a tosec set and doing a little unzipping so the way I see it now is why even bother :evil: I included a clrmamepro dat and romcenter dat so it wasn't exactly hard work to scan a tosec set :roll:

I really feel for you guys that spend days/weeks/months creating GBs and have little to no thanks for your efforts, although I am a little guilty of this at times, when the Atari 8-bit GB was in it's infancy I felt the machine deserved a better GB as it holds a lot of fond childhood memories for me and made my feelings known that the GB at the time wasn't good enough and improvements needed to be made, I'm happy to see that it's well on it's way to being a fantastic addition to the GB lineup, I'm eagerly awaiting the final version :D

I'm currently working on a full Super Nintendo/Super Famicom GB which includes all US/PAL & JAP releases (Currently on letter C), but there's no way I'm gonna upload it just to be slagged off for not including roms and other peoples roms are named differently
hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:53 pm

I wouldn't let a bit of negative feedback prevent you from releasing your future work. Most people enjoy using various gamebases, and are happy that someone has put in the time and effort. If people think they can do better, then let them prove it.
Gamebase Developer
Retroplay
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:25 pm

Well said.
Most people don't seem to realize just how much time it takes to make a database with extras, music etc.
They should be grateful that some one takes the time and effort in the first place to setup a new GameBase project.
sut
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:20 pm

This really needs a on the forum sticky, especially to keep it up to date with current versions. Therefore it can be edited on a regular basis noting the latest version, author, UG Link & other links.
hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:38 pm

I fully agree with Sut, its upto the www.gb64.com forum admins to sort out
Gamebase Developer

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”