Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Adding MAME Roms data to Gamebase - How?

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

jamespstevenson

Adding MAME Roms data to Gamebase - How?

Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:47 am

Hi, I'm new to gamebase and just getting started, so far so good though!

I've successfully set up a C64 and Amiga front end and I'm now setting up a new MAME section.

Could anyone help me understand how to generate a dat file from my playable/available ROMS that I can import into Gamebase?

I've been going round in circles with terminology I'm not that familiar with - a clear, step by step guide would be greatly appreciated as I'm getting nowhere fast!

Thanks - James
DocBadwrench

Thu May 28, 2009 8:28 pm

I, too, am interested in getting MAME to work through this frontend. I have yet to find an MDB file that is appropriate, though. I will certainly post whatever I find to this thread, but right now I've come up empty.
DocBadwrench

Thu May 28, 2009 8:51 pm

It dawns on me that Gamebase can import ROMcenter files. The next time I have time, I'm going to run ROMcenter, have it validate my ROMS and then check and see if I can import that database file into Gamebase.

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”