Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Question regarding Gamebase on Windows 7

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

oknihcap
Keen Member
Keen Member

Question regarding Gamebase on Windows 7

Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:19 pm

I'm running XP SP3 right now, but I am preparing to install Windows 7 soon, and run a dual boot system (XP/Windows 7). I am wondering if anybody here has any experience running Gamebase on Windows 7. I would imagine the $64,000 question would be not only is Gamebase itself compatible, but are all the emulators compatible as well? I have a feeling it could be a messy situation, since each emulator is written differently.

Right now, I have Gamebase itself installed on my primary C drive, and all the emulators, games, extras, etc. on a separate partition, with the paths pointing to the correct places in GB. I do that to save space on my primary partition. So I would like to be able to install GB on Windows 7, but keep all the files as they are on my emulator partition, and just run GB out of Windows 7 instead of XP. But that would mean that all the emulators would be running under Windows 7, which then may run into a compatibility problem, correct? I guess I could just leave GB on my XP partition, and just boot into XP when I want to run GB, but it would be great if everything just worked under Windows 7.

Does anybody have any experience with this yet?
chrismcd

Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:42 am

If it is any Help I am currently running gamebase 1.2 on Windows 7 and have not had any noticeable errors or quirks..
Paul Irvine
Cool Member
Cool Member

Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:09 pm

Gamebase runs very happily under Windows 7 x32 and x64, I can also confirm all emulators I use under Win 7 work flawlessly bar one which has been fixed now.
-------
Loved ones are never gone as long as you remember them....

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”