Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Redump Psx Gamebase

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

chrismcd

Redump Psx Gamebase

Sat May 08, 2010 11:05 pm

Well I am in the middle of downlaoding the redump psx iso's and would like to start a gamebase from it. I got a dat file from the redump site but when i try to import it into gbtoolbox it tells me it is not a version 2.0 of romcenter. How can i either convert it or import it.

thanks
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Sun May 09, 2010 8:11 am

well first thing (if you didn't know already) :wink:

it should be an OLD RomCenter Dat file (v2.71).
not the new one that looks like a ClrMamePro Dat.

Logiqx Datutil will convert,
or create your dat file from the files in your PSX DIR.

The Header should look like this.
with a sample game for you to see the game format.

Code: Select all

[CREDITS]
author=chrismcd
email=
homepage=http://www.gb64.com/
url=
version=1
date=09/05/2009
comment=Redump PSX GameBase
[DAT]
version=2.00
plugin=
split=
merge=
[EMULATOR]
refname=
version=
[GAMES]
¬'Allo 'Allo! Cartoon Fun! (1993)(Alternative)(Disk 1 of 2)[cr CSL]¬'Allo 'Allo! Cartoon Fun! (1993)(Alternative)(Disk 1 of 2)[cr CSL]¬'Allo 'Allo! Cartoon Fun! (1993)(Alternative)(Disk 1 of 2)[cr CSL]¬'Allo 'Allo! Cartoon Fun! (1993)(Alternative)(Disk 1 of 2)[cr CSL]¬'Allo 'Allo! Cartoon Fun! (1993)(Alternative)(Disk 1 of 2)[cr CSL].adf¬643923de¬901120¬¬¬

this is the most important line to notice....

[DAT]
VERSION=2.00

which is for the RomCenter version.
this must read 2.00 for GameBase to read it.

:D
chrismcd

Sun May 09, 2010 10:50 am

okay thanks .mad I will give that a go..
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Sun May 09, 2010 4:54 pm

here you go,
i created the basic setup for you.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SKOBTV6R

all .Cue files are linked and ready to go.
this just needs an emulator and script.

i was bored. :wink:
chrismcd

Sun May 09, 2010 11:36 pm

Thanks .mad but I got it to finally import in.. I also Deleted all but the USA Games and have started to add Photos to the ones I can... This is gonna take forever.. It might be an ongoing project..
Flarp
Keen Member
Keen Member

Fri May 14, 2010 6:06 pm

Hopefully someone can help me with this. I'm still working on my PS2 Gamebase.. RPG and games I like only for now. My problem is most games work and load directly under Gamebase using PCSX 2.. the latest version.. but some games will load just fine directly under PCSX2 (ex. Dark Cloud 2) but when I try and load the game from within game base and I point the game path to the file in .iso format it says "Could not open file. Bad file name or number" I have .iso in my supported file types under the emu setting for PCSX 2 so I don't understand why this is happening.. There are other games that do this as well..

This and the overall total size of this project are all that's holding it back ..currently.
Jimbo
GB64 Team

Sat May 15, 2010 10:10 am

Can you give me a step by step on what I can do do reproduce this error please?

Thanks
Flarp
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sat May 15, 2010 6:37 pm

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RNO47TOG

Well you'll need one of the non-working games in question and they're to large for me to send you directly. If you follow the above link you can d/l Suikoden III and you'll see that if you run the PCSX 2 and try and load this .iso file directly under the emulator.. that the game will work just fine. but if you create a Gamebase and try and run this same .iso file from the gamebase list that it will not work.. even if you have .iso files setup as a recognized emulator file type .. when you point Suikoden III from your gamebase list to the game file suikoden III.iso .. it will not allow you to set it up. Under Game Selector.. Selected File.. says "none" and Runnable File says "Could not open file. Bad file name or number"

I don't know why it does this but their are a lot of games that have this as an issue not just Suikoden III.. but they work perfectly well under PCSX 2 "Run ISO Image File" and then browse to Suikoden III.iso and ..everything works fine.

If I could get these games to work under gamebase then I could finish my project.. other games that do this from my list

Ar Tonelico II - Melody of Metafalicia
Dark Cloud 2
Dot Hack 4 - Quarantine
Grandia III
Kingdom Hearts - Chain of Memories
Mana Khemia 2 - Fall of Alchemy
Nightmare of Druaga, The
Radiata Stories
Rogue Galaxy
Romancing SaGa
Sakura Wars - So Long, My Love
Shadow of Destiny
Shin Megami Tensei - Digital Devil Saga
Shin Megami Tensei - Digital Devil Saga 2
Shin Megami Tensei - persona 4
Star Ocean - Till the End of Time
Suikoden III
Suikoden IV
Suikoden V
Wild Arms 4
Wild Arms 5
Xenosaga I, II and III

and probably others I haven't added to the gamebase yet.
Flarp
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sat May 15, 2010 7:26 pm

http://sharebee.com/4b73e88f

The above link is to my current PSX 2 work in progress gamebase

I still need to get/make title screenshots and in game screenshots. and I need to get some games to work which I'm disucussing in the forum.. The above link includes everything except "Extras" and "Games" .. The current version Games" folder is 235 GB and growing.. but hopefully this will help to solve my games not working under gamebase problem.
chrismcd

Sat May 15, 2010 11:15 pm

Would like to help you Flarp but I am still new at creating gamebase's that is why it is gonna take me awhile to do this psx version
Pugsy
GB64 Team

Sun May 16, 2010 12:48 pm

James

I think the problem Flarp is having is because the Game Selector does NOT like big images at all...if it a file is over 2 gigs it reports a negative file size and I guess if it's over 4 gigs it just throws a fit.

My guess is that the Game Selector checks the file size (for whatever reason) and put's it in a signed long integer (64-bit). Should be using a unsigned double long integer but I don't know if VB is limited in that respect. A possible solution is to drop the file size check for files over 2 gig?
Gamebase64 Team Member http://www.gamebase64.com
Ex-freelance cheat listing/pokes contributer to Zzap, CF, CU & ACE
MAME Cheat File Maintainer http://www.mamecheat.co.uk
Jimbo
GB64 Team

Sun May 16, 2010 3:41 pm

Hi pugsy, yep sounds about right. I'll have a look, it should be easy enough to fix (I'm hoping).

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”