Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Updated Gamebase 128

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Updated Gamebase 128

Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:25 pm

Hi, I'm looking at extending the current Gamebase Commodore 128 project and I've found this list with some non tosec C128 games :-

http://www.commodore128.org/index.php?topic=1275.0

Does anyone know where I can possibly get my hands on them as I'd like to include non tosec games, homebrew and C64 (C128 utilised) special versions.

Merman, you started this by posting about Graham Gooch test cricket 128 icon_wink.gif

Up to now I've found some pd stuff thats not in Tosec but still not found anything else in that list apart from Graham Gooch test cricket, although some of what is in that list is vapourware there will be quite a bit that isn't, surely someone on here must have some C128 game images or links they can pass on?

I've had a play around with the WinVice script as there was issues with startup modes (64 enhanced, 40/80 column) and other stuff.

I need to figure out a fix or key re-map for F7 in WinVice as it's the start key for Kikstart128 and may conflict with other stuff.

I also need to find a way of converting multiple .p00 files to .prg and put them onto a disk image.

Lastly, is anyone actually interested in this update? I had a C128 back in day and I'm keen to complete it, it's already a lot more usable due to the WinVice script updates.
hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member

Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:27 am

Good luck with your update, i for one is very interested in your project.
Gamebase Developer
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:45 pm

hardmanm wrote:Good luck with your update, i for one is very interested in your project.
Thanks Hardmanm, Iv'e already got a few of your Gamebase projects and very good they are too.

Iv'e figured out you can change the keymap for winvice but not sure if it's worth doing as the F7 just gets remapped to F12 so no big deal.

Iv'e also figured a way of converting multiple .p00 files to .prg and put them in a C= disk image (using StarCommander through dosbox), I need this as a lot of the pd stuff seems to be in .p00 format and I also use it to extract .lnx (lynx) archives.

The real BIGGY is I'm really hoping someone can turn up with some non Tosec commercial and non commercial game disk images as it is a little sparse, my internet searches have been quite fruitless up to now so maybe some longtime Commodore 128 enthusiast or ex industry people can help out here.
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:06 pm

Just a little update on how Gamebase 128 is going - There's currently a mix of Commercial games, C64 enhanced games, Geos, CPM, applications, Loadstar 128 disk magazines and Public Domain software. I'm just about at the stage where I'm running out of stuff to add (there's over 200 items at the moment).

Making a further plea for more commercial 128 games, if someone on here knows a C128 guru or has some C128 stuff then please let me know so I can add it.

Thanks, OX.
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:06 pm

Iv'e now completed Gamebase C128, it's 370mb It's uploading on Underground Gamer now. I feel the need, the need to seed.

Seed seeders, seed me now! :D
sjakie43
Cool Member
Cool Member

Prob

Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:48 pm

Hi,

I have installed this Gamebase,,,,i get the following error:
When i start any file:

An unexpected error occured.Recieved Signal 11 ().

After this i changed the locations in the VICE.ini because Gamebase
is not installed on C but another partition on my HD.

Still the same error message...... :(

Whats the prob?

Sjakie43
Sjakie43

Demobase Creator

C64 Maxi with Vic20 mode :shock:
THEVIC20 with C64 mode :?

and more....
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Re: Prob

Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:38 pm

sjakie43 wrote:Hi,

I have installed this Gamebase,,,,i get the following error:
When i start any file:

An unexpected error occured.Recieved Signal 11 ().

After this i changed the locations in the VICE.ini because Gamebase
is not installed on C but another partition on my HD.

Still the same error message...... :(

Whats the prob?

Sjakie43
Hmmn, sounds like an error I was getting with an earlier version of x128.exe when using extra Ram Banks option, are you using Winvice V2.2?
You should'nt need to change anything in the Winvice installation.

. Install latest Gamebase version 1.3
. place C128 directory in Gamebase directory
. Install Winvice v2.2
. Set Gemus entry of Winvice2.2 to path of X128.exe
. Set paths under tools/paths for games / screenshots / extras

The Gemus script pretty much sets up most of the required state for each executed program.

Make sure other settings like Settings/C128 settings/Ram banks are DISABLED and Drive settings are correct in x128.exe, they should be set like this by default so if you have a mucked up Winvice install I would just re-install.

Other than that it's paths or registry.
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:14 am

The setup sjakie43 sent me was messed up.
ccs64 linked to vice.ini
zip and gzip in emu filetypes.
this got it working for me.

emulators.ini

Code: Select all

[Emulators]
1=Winvice 2.2
2=

[Winvice 2.2]
UseShortFilenames=0
UseDefaultTypes=0
SupportedTypes=LNX;D64;D71;D81;T64;G64;G41;TAP;CRT;P00;PRG
EmulatorPathFile=C:\Program Files\GameBase\C128\EMULATORS\WinVICE-2.2\x128.exe
ScriptFile=WinVICE c128.txt
WaitFinish=1
1=C:\Program Files\GameBase\C128\EMULATORS\WinVICE-2.2\vice.ini
Just change the paths to where you have the files.

Nice Gamebase OX 8)
sjakie43
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:52 pm

Thanx for your help Mad ! 8)

Thanx for your hard work OX :lol:

Sjakie43
Sjakie43

Demobase Creator

C64 Maxi with Vic20 mode :shock:
THEVIC20 with C64 mode :?

and more....
oknihcap
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:01 pm

I'm getting the same error as sjakie43, and I replaced the emulators.ini text with the text posted above by .mad., but that didn't fix it for me.
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:32 pm

delete your emulators DIR and overwrite with this setup
make sure your emulator is setup on
C:\Program Files\GameBase\C128\EMULATORS\WINVICE-2.2

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4GZE0NHN

if you have problems delete the vice.ini .log files
run vice out of gamebase and save default settings .ini.
oknihcap
Keen Member
Keen Member

Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:03 am

That solved it! As always, much appreciated!
oknihcap
Keen Member
Keen Member

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:33 pm

I'm reinstalling this gamebase and trying to get it up and running again. After replacing the files with your versions as you advised me previously, I noticed that CCS64 is no longer on the emulators.ini., so that emulator is no longer an option to run games.

Is there an emulators.ini file that will enable the CCS64 emulator? Or is there a problem with the CCS64 script and that's why it was left off the emulators.ini? I always like to have options for emulators in case one doesn't work for a particular game.

Winvice 2.2 is working fine now but I'd like to get CCS64 working if possible.
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:30 pm

oknihcap wrote:I'm reinstalling this gamebase and trying to get it up and running again. After replacing the files with your versions as you advised me previously, I noticed that CCS64 is no longer on the emulators.ini., so that emulator is no longer an option to run games.

Is there an emulators.ini file that will enable the CCS64 emulator? Or is there a problem with the CCS64 script and that's why it was left off the emulators.ini? I always like to have options for emulators in case one doesn't work for a particular game.

Winvice 2.2 is working fine now but I'd like to get CCS64 working if possible.
You can add CCS64 through Menu-Gemus-Manage Emulators and use the CCS64 Gemus script from gb64 if you wish - that's all GB128 was using before, although it was only ever used as an alternative to WinVice for games that ran in C64 mode.
oknihcap
Keen Member
Keen Member

Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:41 pm

I did as you said, but when I run any game with CCS64 as the emulator it opens the game, auto-types

Load"game",8,1

but then nothing else happens - it just says "ready". Is thee something else I have to do in CCS64 to get the games to run?

So here's what the screen looks like after it auto-types:

Ready.
Load"game",8,1

Ready.
Run

Ready.

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”