Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

GameBase Enterprise v1.00

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

John Fante

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:51 pm

Yes I downloaded the file from EP forever forum and yes changing the folder name to Enterprise now loads the gamebase :-)

I think I have to reinstall gamebase (and maby more) thou because when I tried to run a game in the Enterprise gamebase on XP in VMware my complete system hang. And I had to reset the entire machine.

I have never seen that kind of behaviour before. Maby the reason is some kind of overflow error or something i access but who nows.

Still having problems with jgamebase thou. But I think the problem here is caused by the DEV version I am running.

Thanks again - none the less.
oknihcap
Keen Member
Keen Member

Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:13 am

Thanks for the new gamebase. Just installed Windows 7 recently and I'm still getting all my emulators in order but I look forward to giving this a try.
dax
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:09 pm

like in this example
OX wrote:when running the disk version of Abyss from Extras send_keys is sending loadC34abyss.comC34 to the emulator, looks like a {C34} interpreting problem.
but my message is
load*abs.com*
*** File not found.
I replaced every string {C34} to " and the same message as above.
I use script "EP128 - v2.0 by mad.txt".

I use Polish keyboard. What to do to solve that ?
I love Gamebase's creators and compilations
Vicman
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:58 pm

o.k. ,
when you are on the emu-screen :
Try to find out , where you have the "

On my German Keyboard it's on shift+2

Normaly the lines are :
ElseIf Key_auto CONTAINS(yes||1)
Add_CLP(-cfg gb.cfg)

Run_Emulator_Send_Keys([3]{Enter}[5][-30]load{C34}%gamename_value%{C34}{Enter}||80)

On my German Keyboard, i can also use shift and 2
+ stands for shift
Run_Emulator_Send_Keys([3]{Enter}[5][-30]load+2%gamename_value%+2{Enter}||80)

Know, for the Game Abyss the line on the emu-screen is :
Load"abs.com"

btw.
The Disk-version is the same dump then the "normal" game version :wink:

here's a link to the GEMUS-Sendkey-function :
http://www.bu22.com/wiki/gemus_script_r ... _send_keys
GB done: Philips VG 5000, Sord-M5, Acorn Atom, Enterprise v1.00
dax
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:05 am

tnx, bro, it solved my problem
on mine keyboard it's on Shift+2 either (like on some old 8-bit computers)

it's not like "is this version different", I just want it fully functional, to feel more comfortable :P

tnx for reference's link, it may be useful in future
dax
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:28 pm

1)
game "Death Chase", default emulator: EP32
it tries to load game from root of C: drive
script file "EP32.txt" does not have lines with path to unpacked files (like in "EP128 - v2.0 by mad.txt", which I use for EP128)

2)
game "Auf Wiedersehen Monty" - message "File not found" in EP128

any solutions, bro ? ;)
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:17 am

Auf Wiedersehen Monty
the second file in the archive is incorrectly named
rename "AUF_WIED" to "AUF_WIEDERSEHEN_MONTY"

Death Chase
Use the Fixed version by Attus in the Extras. :wink:
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:37 am

mcx997 wrote:1)
game "Death Chase", default emulator: EP32
it tries to load game from root of C: drive
script file "EP32.txt" does not have lines with path to unpacked files (like in "EP128 - v2.0 by mad.txt", which I use for EP128)

2)
game "Auf Wiedersehen Monty" - message "File not found" in EP128

any solutions, bro ? ;)

.Auf Wiedersehen Monty - fix this by entering "emu=EP32" in the GEMUS "key-value" pairs entry for the game, or as pointed out by .mad. rename the file and use the default EP128 emulator.

.Death Chase - This didn't run for me either on the first attempt but tried running it with EP128 (which did'nt work either) then tried the alternative version in Extras, strangely after putting the emu=EP32 entry back in the GEMUS "key-value" pairs entry it worked the second time and every time after.
It can also be fixed by renaming the DEATHCHA file in the archive to DEATHCHASE and omitting the emu=EP32 entry back in the GEMUS "key-value" pairs entry, personally I prefer the EP32 emulator as it seems to run the game slightly faster.
The version in Extras is a completely different version.

I'm not sure between the EP32 and EP128 emulators as to which is the more true representation, although as Vicman has EP128 as the default emulator I would probably say that one, or maybe it just runs more of the games? Vicman?
dax
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:31 am

yeah, Death Chase from EXTRAS is nice, standard version is ugly

tnx to You both, I tested all of Your solutions
and another piece of Gamebase is fixed :P
oknihcap
Keen Member
Keen Member

Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:31 am

I can't get anything in this gamebase to run. I've read everything in this thread twice. For example - when I click on "Liberator", ep32 starts, auto types load, then the ep32 screen says

*** Invalid EXOS function code.
Most games that open in ep32 do this.

Clicking on "Alchemist" pops up an error message that says "Expected file [ALPHA.COM] not found in archive d:\Gamebase\Enterprise\Games\Alchemist.zip"

When running games that open in ep128emu, again it starts to auto type, then the emulator screen goes black and nothing happens. Sometimes, like with Cannonball, it autoloads in ep128emu and instead of going to a black screen it goes to the main screen with the rainbow colored Enterprise logo.

"Human Killing Machine" autoloads and then says "File Not Found" while crazy white and blue lines zig-zag in the background.

What am I doing wrong here? Not a single game I've tried has loaded yet for me with this gamebase.

Here's the emulators.ini:

Code: Select all

[Emulators]
1=EP128
2=EP32
3=swf
4=
[EP128]
UseShortFilenames=0
UseDefaultTypes=0
SupportedTypes=bas;com;trn;img;ep128d;cas;ep128s
EmulatorPathFile=D:\GameBase\Enterprise\Emulator\ep128emu\ep128emu.exe
ScriptFile=EP128 - v2.0 by mad.txt
WaitFinish=1
1=D:\GameBase\Enterprise\Emulator\ep128emu\gb.cfg
2=
[EP32]
UseShortFilenames=1
UseDefaultTypes=0
SupportedTypes=com;e32;trn;bas;imz
EmulatorPathFile=D:\GameBase\Enterprise\Emulator\ep32 v1.20\ep32.exe
ScriptFile=EP32.txt
WaitFinish=1
1=
[swf]
UseShortFilenames=0
UseDefaultTypes=0
SupportedTypes=swf
EmulatorPathFile=D:\GameBase\Enterprise\Extras\Flash-Games\SWF Opener\SWFOpener.exe
ScriptFile=swf opener.txt
WaitFinish=1
1=

I haven't touched the scripts. I'm on Windows 7 32bit, which I'm beginning to regret the more I try to install these gamebases. :(
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:58 am

best to use ep128 for most games as it's scripted.
and is what all the games were tested on.

ep32's script is very basic.

also this gamebase uses C:\gbgame\0\ in the script to handle the files.
you need to change that to your gamebase extraction folder.

as for Win7. :P
if you put all your main game files back on C:\ as they were setup, i am sure it will solve 99% of your problems.
oknihcap
Keen Member
Keen Member

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:32 pm

Thanks for the reply .mad. Do you mean just keeping the games/roms and emulators on the C:\ drive or screenshots and extras too? The reason they're kept on my D:\ partition is just for space reasons. If you just mean the games and emulators I might be able to do it. The extras eat up lots of space.

EDIT: I moved the working folder to C:\GBGame and some ep128 games run fine now. Some like Lightcycles still come up as a blank screen. How can I force a game to run in a particular emulator (stupid question probably). If I just double-click on "Liberator" it wants to start in ep32.

Also, ep128 is doing something goofy with fullscreen. I can cycle through different fullscreen modes with F9 but in both fullscreen modes the taskbar at the bottom stays over the window, thanks to Windows 7 not giving me the choice of keeping the taskbar behind other windows. Most of the time that's not too much of a problem but this emulator seems to have an issue with it. I can tell windows to automatically hide the taskbar but I don't usually run it like that.
Last edited by oknihcap on Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:11 pm

oknihcap wrote:Thanks for the reply .mad. Do you mean just keeping the games/roms and emulators on the C:\ drive or screenshots and extras too? The reason they're kept on my D:\ partition is just for space reasons. If you just mean the games and emulators I might be able to do it. The extras eat up lots of space.
yes i just mean emulators and GameBase on C:\ and make sure to keep Gamebase extraction folder to gamebase default.
as long as it extracts ZIPPED disks to C:\GBgame\0.
it should be ok.
oknihcap wrote: EDIT: I moved the working folder to C:\GBGame and some ep128 games run fine now. Some like Lightcycles still come up as a blank screen. How can I force a game to run in a particular emulator (stupid question probably). If I just double-click on "Liberator" it wants to start in ep32.
click on GEMUS from Gamebase window, and make sure EP128 is at the top (number 1). if not use Manage Emulators to move it up.
oknihcap wrote: Also, ep128 is doing something goofy with fullscreen. I can cycle through different fullscreen modes with F9 but in both fullscreen modes the taskbar at the bottom stays over the window, thanks to Windows 7 not giving me the choice of keeping the taskbar behind other windows. Most of the time that's not too much of a problem but this emulator seems to have an issue with it. I can tell windows to automatically hide the taskbar but I don't usually run it like that.
sorry i don't have Win7 installed.

But as a rule i like my emulators to run in a 1x1 window, as it gives a much sharper pixel image.
this might result in a very small window, but it's better than a blurry pixel in my eyes. :shock:
oknihcap
Keen Member
Keen Member

Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:23 pm

I just checked and the working folder is correct now. EP128 is at the top of the Gemus list but some games still want to run in ep32 by default. Liberator for example - the key=value pair is set to "emu=EP32". It doesn't run in ep32 but it doesn't run in ep128 either for me. None of the games that open in ep32 will play. Most games that play in ep128 run fine now though.

I moved the emulators back into the C:\Gamebase default location, but Lightcycles still won't run in ep128. It loads and autotypes but I just get a black screen instead of the game starting.

And what's up with "Alchemist"? I get "Expected file [ALPHA.COM] not found in archive d:\Gamebase\Enterprise\Games\Alchemist.zip" and inside the Alchemist.zip there are 3 files:

ALCHMIS.COM
ALP
ALS
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:33 pm

Alchemist works fine for me.

i think your mdb file has been corrupted.
because the emulator is heavily key logged to make it work.
by using cursor down enter and typing the filename.
if you had another game window open the keys will still press.
it could have edited itself, while is was setup wrong.

relink the game file back to.
ALCHEMIS.COM

but i would replace the MDB file back to it's original to be sure nothing else has corrupted.

when a game has been selected to run.
it is very important not to press any key or move the mouse.

as for LightCycles read the game notes

don't work in emu ep128
don't work correct in emu ep32

- Vicman

you need to select a Tape machine
Ep32
Hardware
original EP128 with tape.cfg
File
select directory for tape files...
C:\GBGame\0\
(press space to get past menu)
then type
load "lightcyc.com"

game corrupts while loading.

to get ep32 working
you must run it out of gamebase, and select
HARDWARE
Load Memory Config
select a file and quit.

this config will be then be used for all games in EP32.

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”