Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Gamebase Atari 800xl

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

MrCool1313

Gamebase Atari 800xl

Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:05 pm

Hello!

First question... anyone done one? <-- sorry hick speak... uh...
Has anybody created an Atari 800xl gamebase?

Second question...
Does anyone have any experience with the emulators? I found 2 that seem to work fine, one called 'atari800' and another called 'atari800win'. Of course, each one has its own issue for my purposes here. :roll:

Interestingly, atari800, is "current" and has a sourceforge page. Near as I can tell, atari800win, is a few years old and not maintained. However, for a windows GUI based emulator, it is quite polished, full featured, and seems reasonably stable. The atari800 is not so polished or featured, and Im not sure about stable.

ok, the problems...

atari800: This emu would probably be my first choice because of its simplicity and seeming lack of features. Set configs (or pass command-line parameters, or both), run the game. So far so good, but I cant seem to figure out a way to use my game controllers!!! :shock:

You can set up keyboard based ones (joysticks)... No.... that kinda defeats the purpose...

I know I read somewhere, once, that you could. But I havent figured out how, and my google skillz seem to be failing me.

atari800win: This emu is really quite impressive. Seems to do everything. Can be easily setup/configured with mouse and menus, everything. And yes, it likes my game controllers.

The problem here is that there doesnt seem to be any way of passing command line params... I cant figure out how to tell it what rom to run when you start it. What is the use in a frontend, if you cant do that? :roll:

The info might be on the authors site but it is in a foreign language, and I have a hard enough time with english.

I dont need a flammin, but if you have any discussion, or, if I am in error, I welcome your input.

MrCool
hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:06 pm

I have done one which includes all Atari 8bit computers http://www.gb64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2619
Gamebase Developer
MrCool1313

Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:18 am

Hello!

Thanks for your reply, Im in the process of reading that thread...

It would appear to be a good idea so far.

Ill post more when I fully have an opinion... :D

MrCool
Paul Irvine
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:38 pm

MrCool, I think you would be hard pressed to make a better XL gb than Marks, he's put a huge amount of time into it.

If you spot stuff that's not on it it might be better to contact him about adding them?
-------
Loved ones are never gone as long as you remember them....

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”