Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Donkey Kong (G-MAMEBASE)

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Donkey Kong (G-MAMEBASE)

Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:19 pm

Donkey Kong GameBase.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sd8rjwjvubx1d1j

I was fed up with a bloated MAME Install, so decided to add a mini version to this GameBase.

Happy New Year to you ALL. :D
dax
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:42 pm

I use MAME for arcade, but appreciate Your work and I like Your preferences (THIS IS WHAT I CALL CLASSICS) :D
I love Gamebase's creators and compilations
hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member

Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:49 pm

Thanks very much .MAD i love Donkey Kong :)
Gamebase Developer
Hidron
Cool Member
Cool Member

Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:36 pm

Nice work. Completely forgot about Donkey Kong when browsing through the list of games last time I was messing around with MAME.
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:08 pm

Nice one .mad. I finally get to play Jumpman Returns :D

How about another single themed gamebase based on possibly the most platform wide computer game of all time, Chuckie Egg - http://www.bagshot-row.org/chuckie-egg/ - follow the links, there's a fair few versions :)
dax
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:58 pm

yeah, played it with Atari 65XE, Timex 2048, C-64 and Amstrad CPC 6128 (CPC - not mine), classics like f**k :D

if we speak about classics and the best titles, I've added approx. 2.700 games to favourites in Gamebase compilations I have
Of course I know "the best for me" does not mean "the best for everyone", but I can upload MDB's if anyone wants
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:37 pm

OX wrote: How about another single themed gamebase based on possibly the most platform wide computer game of all time, Chuckie Egg - http://www.bagshot-row.org/chuckie-egg/ - follow the links, there's a fair few versions :)
That's doable.

i intended to add every version of Donkey Kong for all systems.
there are 1000's of clones out there.

All the official versions will be added in time.
dax
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:08 pm

You know what.... I've been sceptic to use arcade systems with Gamebase, You know "because roms for MAME are updated very often"... but I think about something... and I'll NOT stop on thinking :P
throwingmuse

Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:30 am

I have used Donkey Kong for years to compare video game systems. It is a great barometer for evaluating graphics, sound, color, and speed of different systems. My plan was to one day produce a site with all known versions of the game side by side with links to the respective emulator used to run the game for the system selected.

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”