Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Gamebase Oric V0.1

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

Tubbs3622
Keen Member
Keen Member

Gamebase Oric V0.1

Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:34 pm

I've uploaded my first version of this Gamebase onto 'www.underground-gamer.com'.

This is an early version of what I hope will be a comprehensive Oric Gamebase that will initially concentrate on extras rather than the number of games. There are currently only 65 games in the collection but the games are well documented with publisher / author details and many screenshots etc. The current content is mainly taken from the Oric.org website, however I have a large personal collection which I hope to use in the future to make this gamebase unique.

To run any of the games you will need to download the Oricutron V0.9 emulator and install it into the 'Emulators' folder.

Please note a few of the games currently don't work or are slightly buggy. I believe this is due to bad TAP images rather than emulation issues so will hopefully be eradicated in due course as I add my own personal TAP files.

I work full time so only get to add games and files in my (somewhat limited) spare time, but any positive feedback will encourage me to work harder to make this a worthy addition to the Gamebase collection.

Best regards fellow gamers xx

Dave.
Tubbs3622
Keen Member
Keen Member

Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:39 pm

Version 0.2 now released, available at 'www.underground-gamer.com'.

There are 110 games in this new version and many additions & fixes to existing games.

Enjoy :D
Tubbs3622
Keen Member
Keen Member

Thu May 03, 2012 8:46 pm

V0.3 is now online at the usual place. This version has 173 games and a stack of extras, some of which are from my own collection and are not available to download online.
Xeron

Mon May 07, 2012 9:51 am

Good work!

If you want to include Oricutron with the gamebase, you are welcome, but I suppose this way ensures that users will always have the latest version.

BTW, if any game doesn't work in Oricutron, but does in Euphoric, please raise an issue on the Oricutron issue tracker.

One thing to check before raising an issue is if the game uses a custom loader, in which case you might need to turn turbotape off. (Which reminds me, I need to add turbotape control to the commandline).
Tubbs3622
Keen Member
Keen Member

Tue May 08, 2012 8:05 pm

Thanks Xeron, if it wasn't for your excellent emulator I wouldn't be doing this. V0.4 is going to be a biggie, mainly due to a vast number of scans from my collection. I hope to have it ready for the weekend. :wink:
Tubbs3622
Keen Member
Keen Member

Fri May 11, 2012 8:23 pm

V0.4 is now available at Underground Gamer. This new release has 240 games and a huge number of extras. The download size is 292MB so is probably too large to post on free file-hosting sites, however I do have 10 free invites for Underground Gamer if anyone wants access to download this. :)

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”