Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

3DO Gamebase?

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

Fiery Phoenix
Keen Member
Keen Member

Re: 3DO Gamebase?

Mon May 21, 2018 8:45 am

Good Gamebase this.

Just one quick (maybe two!) question

1. FreeDo 2.1 being run. Can only use the keyboard. The emulator states that external devices must be placed in the PBUS folder (there is such a folder in the emulator directory) and the emulator itself has a PBUS settings option with build-in devices and a bottom box for external devices. In short, not sure how to get my PC gamepad working here? Or a mouse for the lightgun games

2. Because of the above I downloaded 4DO which lets me use my gamepad. Some games dont load up however (FKr-severe-system-standard-item wuth that name not found) but the ones that do run fine. Set it up as an emulator in Gamebase, but it will never load the game straight up as FreeDo does. I have to load it manually. Obviously a problem with the script I guess? I tried linking the FreeDo script to 4DO to see if that will work (being a complete noob) but no joy. Any ideas?
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Mon May 21, 2018 5:57 pm

I haven't used 3D0 in quite a while...

I remember freedo was pain to get running from gamebase, and required a auto-it script to activate the emulator window.
using the freedo script with 4d0 will just break it.

As for control problems, check the 4d0 game compatability list...
http://wiki.fourdo.com/Compatibility_List

some games are marked with... requires patched bios 'no controls'.
so no amount of control settings and scripting will help. :wink:
Fiery Phoenix
Keen Member
Keen Member

Thu May 24, 2018 1:16 pm

No worries pal - not too much of a pain loading the games manually via 4DO which does have gamepad configuration built in

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”