Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Gamebase - Progress updates

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:03 pm

Tubbs3622 wrote:Great new OX, I've managed to get a copy of Lode Runner and it works perfectly (there used to be a corrupted copy available some years ago). :D
Nice one Tubbs
Tubbs3622
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:07 am

The WIP Gamebase Oric V2 now currently has 1307 games and the majority of the missing games have been added :)

I have been getting a lot of help from Steve Marshall who created the Rhetoric Discs and Magazines and he has been a godsend regarding missing games and magazine listing scans etc.

My next release early next year will doubtless be the final version, but it will have at least 1400 entries :D
Sergeb

Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:56 am

Any news about the nintendo DS gamebase?
Mad and flarp talked about it earlier.
Could it be possible to upload it without the games( too big)?

Thanks.
Xentor

Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:58 am

Sounds neat that NDS Gamebase. Can't be more than several dozen megs that Gamebase without the roms. Anyone motivated enough to make a Gamebase will release it someday. Not sharing anything like this is inherently impossible for humans, a weakness of sorts. If he hasn't released it you can bet he's adding stuff or topping it off.

On another note, how come no one talks about adding Amiga CD titles to GameBase Amiga? Ive seen several outstanding titles on CD, including a few that look like early 3d accelerated windows games. Does a Gameboy Advance Gamebase exists?
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:26 pm

Xentor wrote:Sounds neat that NDS Gamebase. Can't be more than several dozen megs that Gamebase without the roms. Anyone motivated enough to make a Gamebase will release it someday. Not sharing anything like this is inherently impossible for humans, a weakness of sorts. If he hasn't released it you can bet he's adding stuff or topping it off.
so far the gamebase is 463MB without any roms, and it is uploaded on my Google Drive, for beta testers only.

The problem is, new games are being released every week.
It's just a case of knowing when to stop, and release the thing. Which is another weakness of mine. ;)

and YES a GBA Gamebase exists.
this has no extras whatsoever, but it does have screenshots.
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:47 pm

you can release a gamebase main archive and then make some regolar update to cover much games possible :D
Xentor

Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:37 am

.mad. wrote:
Xentor wrote:Sounds neat that NDS Gamebase. Can't be more than several dozen megs that Gamebase without the roms. Anyone motivated enough to make a Gamebase will release it someday. Not sharing anything like this is inherently impossible for humans, a weakness of sorts. If he hasn't released it you can bet he's adding stuff or topping it off.
so far the gamebase is 463MB without any roms, and it is uploaded on my Google Drive, for beta testers only.

The problem is, new games are being released every week.
It's just a case of knowing when to stop, and release the thing. Which is another weakness of mine. ;)

and YES a GBA Gamebase exists.
this has no extras whatsoever, but it does have screenshots.
Yeah I just realized the amount of NDS roms is quite large and still growing. Thanks alot for the update .mad.. And plenty of kudos to you for your other GameBases.
you can release a gamebase main archive and then make some regolar update to cover much games possible icon_biggrin.gif
Yes, your style is quite fun, I kinda like it. Probably a bit impractical but that's just you. I'm getting your cdtv-cd32 Gamebase, even though I have pancho's version I still like yours too. I hate to ask but hell you should be the one to add those Amiga cd titles to your cdtv-cd32 so as to differentiate the two versions. Otherwise they are going to be incredibly similar. Either way thanks alot for your superb work.
Sergeb

Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:26 am

Yes,mad
As seiya said,a first beta NDS release (without the games) even imperfect could be great.
Could you upload it here?

And,I didn't know you already released a GBA GB .Could you also reupload it? ( with or without the games - which are no-intro I think)

Thanks very much for your work and your previous GBs,I appreciate a lot .

[/u][/b][/quote]
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:09 pm

Tubbs3622 wrote:The WIP Gamebase Oric V2 now currently has 1307 games and the majority of the missing games have been added :)

I have been getting a lot of help from Steve Marshall who created the Rhetoric Discs and Magazines and he has been a godsend regarding missing games and magazine listing scans etc.

My next release early next year will doubtless be the final version, but it will have at least 1400 entries :D
Got a rough idea when it will be released tubbs?
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:21 pm

Xentor wrote:
but hell you should be the one to add those Amiga cd titles to your cdtv-cd32 so as to differentiate the two versions. O
no, all games, software and multimedia CD aren't Amiga CD. They are CDTV and CD32 Tosec.
Only 1 games isn't specific CD32/CDTV

my CDTV and CD32 collection are about 70 GB :) and i released about 59 gb, but other CDs don't work or i not able to load from winuae.

however i have made a small saturn and 3D0 gamebase, not full tosec, but only some games, but for now they are only in my personal collection, not yet shared
Xentor

Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:32 pm

Seiya wrote:
Xentor wrote:
but hell you should be the one to add those Amiga cd titles to your cdtv-cd32 so as to differentiate the two versions. O
no, all games, software and multimedia CD aren't Amiga CD. They are CDTV and CD32 Tosec.
Only 1 games isn't specific CD32/CDTV

my CDTV and CD32 collection are about 70 GB :) and i released about 59 gb, but other CDs don't work or i not able to load from winuae.

however i have made a small saturn and 3D0 gamebase, not full tosec, but only some games, but for now they are only in my personal collection, not yet shared
Yes I understand that much indeed. What I meant was for you to add (sometime down the line, when projects become scarce and you are motivated enough) regular Amiga CD computer software titles, not CDTV or CD32 stuff. I have a spare 1tb external hdd I'd be willing to facilitate for you, and keep of course.
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:37 am

Seiya, there are still a lot of systems out there that have not had a gamebase release and I realise you have a lot of enthusiasm for gamebase and I would rather you released new gamebases for the systems not already covered rather than systems that have already been covered previously.

I do not mean any offence by this, it's just that I feel your efforts would be put to better use on something original as I think the overall purpose of gamebase is to cover as many systems as possible rather than simply going over old ground all the time.
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:59 am

yes, but i made only gamebase that i'm able to make.
i don't know how to build a script, so or i find a way to import without write a specifici script or help me with script writtern by others.

so, other sospended project are:

Mac68k: in this case i recompiled original emu, with one with 68020 and 8 MB support, but the best games require more than 8 MB. This is the big problems for this gamebase..
i thouht to use Fusion3 with Dosbox, but i think will be a big work here because macos image used with vmac don't work with fusion.
MacOS 7.5.5 works insted, but require more space image..

Megadrive: i working on gamebae with games only US and UE (with very few eception for some jap games).
But this project is very long, much long to finish..

Nintendo DS: i have only 8 GB collection, i start it before of MS-DOS Goldies, but i see that other users here intend to release it, i stopped.

GameGear: i started, but sospended for ms-dos goldies

gamebase finished and not released:

Mini3DO
Mini Saturn
SCummVM
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:58 pm

I miss Hardmanms updates, theres a lot of homebrew being churned out for the more popular old machines like the speccy and amstrad etc. plus the odd obscure gamebase. Jupiter Ace still needs a gamebase Mark :wink:
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:17 am

i think to make a new gamebase, it's a small gamebase. it called: Watara SuperVision.
i don't know if it works because emulator is dos command line..

Then i'll try wigh Ngage.
but i don't know if i'll be able to make it

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”