Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Gamebase Oric V3.0

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

Tubbs3622
Keen Member
Keen Member

Gamebase Oric V3.0

Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:23 pm

Here's the latest version. There will be a V4 sometime next year but here we have V3 with a nice round 1500 games, including some missing and rare games not present in the previous version.

edited - removed link. See post below for new link.
Last edited by Tubbs3622 on Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:07 am, edited 4 times in total.
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:14 am

great :)
stanstimer
Keen Member
Keen Member

Re: Oric Gamebase

Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:41 pm

Is this is scam download since I find it impossible to download.

When I click the given link, I get 2 download options, 1 which says download instantly with download helper but I get an exe file which causes my antivirus and antispyware to go into overdrive and block the download or if i click the other link I get directed to either input my twitter password or my facebook password which I don't have as I don't use them so in other words without risking having lots of spyware on my system by downloading the exe file, it is impossible to download.
Tubbs3622
Keen Member
Keen Member

Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:03 pm

I've had two people say there's a problem with the download now. Somebody on an Oric site said he got an anti-virus alert and also had to post to his social-media before he could download. I don't understand why this is happening, others have downloaded the file just fine and I have no issues with 4shared.com. I will try to find another site where I can upload the Gamebase to.
Tubbs3622
Keen Member
Keen Member

Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:27 pm

Last edited by Tubbs3622 on Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
stanstimer
Keen Member
Keen Member

RE

Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:10 pm

Thanks, this dropbox links works fine.

Stanstimer
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:29 pm

Thanks for the update! :wink:
Tubbs3622 wrote:I've had two people say there's a problem with the download now. Somebody on an Oric site said he got an anti-virus alert and also had to post to his social-media before he could download..
Yes, you must register to 4shared and login before you can download. Or use Facebook button if you do not want to register.

As for the AV warning, it's probably due to all the ads and scripts on the site, and the AV set to paranoid.
Tubbs3622
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:36 am

Deleted post - no longer valid (see post further down).
Last edited by Tubbs3622 on Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:58 pm

Tubbs3622 wrote:This Gamebase is now officially dead. It's taken me over a year to source just 127 new games to bring the count up to 1500 but I don't know why I bothered. I spent hours typing in games from books and magazines, but very few in the Oric community could care less, and the CEO games are still off limits despite nobody giving a damn about them. From now on I will be playing games, not typing them :lol:
You bothered because...
You love Oric, and we all love a gamebase. ;)

As for Oric users holding on to obsolete games which they will take to their grave. Who knows or even cares?.

I bet they all have a copy of your Gamebase though.
Which they will never admit to. :D
Hidron
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:50 pm

I am not familiar with the Oric community so it is hard to comment directly about that.

I know though that an awful lot of people seem to be completely filled with hatred anytime they hear a game was a type-in. A lot of them can be quite fun when actually given a chance.

Take a break, do something else you find enjoyable for a while, and whatever happens, it will all be ok.

Thank you for the update btw.
I have a lot of respect for Gamebase creators, maintainers & supporters.
sjakie43
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:46 pm

Hi,

I really appreciate your hard work m8 )) :)

I know how it feels, on some places i get ignored or people just
seem to dont care.

I do this for the Community that cares, although u dont Always notice it.(but there are some folks that do like it, thats for sure !)

Thanx for this Gamebase !

Regards

Sjakie43

8)
Sjakie43

Demobase Creator

C64 Maxi with Vic20 mode :shock:
THEVIC20 with C64 mode :?

and more....
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:48 pm

Thanks for the hard work Tubbs, you need to get the word around the popular Oric forums and keep them interested. As to CEO I would post on their forums the fact that you plan to desist on further releases unless they release their prized stuff for addition to the gamebase, what's the friggin point in holding back software that can't get to see the light of day? I bet plenty of them have downloaded your gamebase though! Can you not just order back issues of CEO disks?
Tubbs3622
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:31 pm

I've decided to continue working on the Gamebase, I enjoy compiling it too much just to quit. I have actually had a very good response from the Oric community since I said I was quitting due to lack of new material. One gripe from a few members was a lack of instructions as they had never heard of Gamebase :shock:. I will add full set-up instructions with the next release.

I have noticed that on the Oric.Org site there have been some new games added over the last few days, some of which are CEO games. I'm sure it's just a coincidence but let's hope this continues.

I suspect the next release will be the last as I don't intend to release it until I have added pretty much every remaining game I have (including many more type-in's). This will likely be sometime next year so I have plenty of time to make sure the release is perfect.
Tubbs3622
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:56 pm

Oric.org have just posted the first six CEO disks!! This means that the games 'Ankhsenamon' and 'Simulateur de Vol' are now available, amongst others. Hopefully there will be more to come in the future but this is a good start. :D
repetto74
Keen Member
Keen Member

Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:20 pm

Hi guys,
Une question to the oric gamebase users. I would like to correctly map joystick emulation to the pc keys I am actually using on my own arcade cabinet control panel. Anyone knows how to change that in Oricutron and/or gamebase scripts ???
Thanks for this nice gamebase btw ☺️

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”