Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

GameBaseAMY v0.1b released (also a PD version)

Discuss the Commodore Amiga database that uses the GameBase Frontend.

Moderator: Jimbo

Runey
Keen Member
Keen Member

GameBaseAMY v0.1b released (also a PD version)

Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:21 am

An update already. It was kindly pointed out to me that there was a newer better version of the TOSEC datafile out there. It was even more kindly supplied to me by Iduro. So I have done a new release based on that and you can grab it below. It contains 3342 unique games spread over 5820 disks. I know it's less than the previous version but the reason for that is below.

[EDIT: Links removed. See GBA v0.1c thread for new links]

Also released is a Public Domain version of GameBaseAMY. It is identical to the above relase except it contains Public Domain games only. You can grab it below. It contains 1606 unique games spread over 1825 disks.

[EDIT: Links removed. See GBA v0.1c thread for new links]

So the total games, both commercial and PD, comes to 4948 spread over 7645 disks. A large increase from yesterdays effort :) The new TOSEC datafiles were a damn site better than the version I was originally using. Thanks Iduro. The main reason I have split them is this. I have always intended to use this project for Demos, Applications etc... This seemed a good starting point to see if it will all work out nice and neat :D

As always please feel free to have a look and make any comments you wish. Enjoy
Last edited by Runey on Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SexyWayne
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:32 pm

I've installed the latest versions but all i get is runtime error '91' object variable or with block variable not set, I know it's nothing to do with my installation of gamebase as all my other databases work perfectly :?

edit: and i've even tried reinstalling the vb runtimes too
SexyWayne
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:42 pm

fixed it, by opening gb toolbox right clicking and selecting scan and fix errors, good thing one of us knows what we're doing :wink: :lol: j/k, great work by the way :D
Runey
Keen Member
Keen Member

Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:42 am

Oops :oops: my fault. I normally do that before zipping everything up for distribution. Must have forgotten this time.

Unfortunately I'm away now (working) so I'll have to fix it when I get back (hopefully this weekend)

Thanks SexyWayne :D

Return to “Commodore Amiga - GameBase Amiga”