Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

WIN UAE Loads no Disks from Gamebase

Discuss the Commodore Amiga database that uses the GameBase Frontend.

Moderator: Jimbo

de
denoiser

WIN UAE Loads no Disks from Gamebase

Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:59 pm

Hello , I need some help to Set up the Gamebase Amy .
I set up all Paths , but when I try to start a game by Double Click only the Win UAE ( V. 0.9 ) is starting, without having any Disks in any Drive .
I use the Script from Member " Runey " .
I have the right kick roms, and all tosec games , but everytime I start a game, the Win UAE starts with the " GBA_Hardware_Default " but the Drives contains no disks , so that I must fill the drives manually with the right game disks .

Can anybody tell me, whats wrong ?
Runey
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:59 pm

Hi Denoiser,

It sounds like you may not have the "GBA_Hardware_Default.uae" file in the "WinUAE/Configurations/Harware" folder.

I believe I had the same problem when I was putting it together.

I'm at work right now, so I can't check out too much, but I'll look at it when I get home.

There is a read me file in the GameBaseAMY root folder. If you haven't already, go through that one step at a time.

Chow
Runey
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:04 am

Hi again,

I have done some testing and the only way I can reproduce the error is if the config file is in the wrong place.

Please make sure it is in the WinUAE/Configurations/Hardware folder. You may need to create it.

This version is very picky about where each file is, until I do an installer for it. Then you will be able to put the files wherever you want.

Please let me know if this fixes your problem

Thanks
Gu

Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:19 pm

Hi Runey ,

I tried it with your Tips about 4 Hours, but I can´t fix the problem ,
I will try to tell you again, which steps I had taken so maybe you see
the mistake , I read your help me script about thousands times :-))

First, after Unzipping your GBA_Main_v01a to the Gamebase Directory ,
I create a Winuae / Configurations / Hardware Directory, where I put your
" GBA_Hardware_Default " file in it . In this configuration script there is a path like
" kickstart_rom_file=D:\Program Files\Retro Gaming\Amiga\WinUAE\ROMS\KICK13.ROM"
Must I change this path, by saving the Configuration File in WIN UAE, after setting my right roms path ?
Or is it not nessesary ? .

Now I start Gamebase , with all my other Gamebases that works Great ( Atari St also ) , I choose now
Gamebase Amy V 0.1a , After the splashing Screen, Gamebase starts up with your build Library about
3921 Game Entries at this time .

I´ll set now the Path for my games, and the Winuae.exe file , when I´m in Gemus / 1. WIN UAE Menü
I´ll see your 147 line script gamebase amy.txt in under the gemus script line , the field above called
script field is empty , right ??

I´ll have to say that i have don´t take the Step 5 in your read me file , with the Clr Mame Prog to change the
GameBaseAMY(v0.1a).dat file . The Reason is I don´t understand working of this prg at this time.
I have point the games manually, for example : I take your first gamebase entry , " 1000 Miglia "
and set the right file name, by strg+g, and point exactly to my game adf , or zip, i tested both
variations .

Now I start the game " 1000 Miglia " by double clicking on it, I get the following Gamebase Error
Message " Invalid file referenced in script function, but anyway i can Ignore this message the Win UAE
Emulator starts with the right kick rom ( 1.3 A500,A1000, A 2000 ) but the diskdrives stays empty
I didnt find the mistakes :-((

Thanks ,

Denoiser
Runey
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:43 pm

OK I think I've got it.

For a quick fix until I figure how to do it properly do this.

1) Open GameBaseAMY.txt script in a text editor.
2) Click replace
3) Replace this text (1|
4) With this text (%emupath%\Configurations\Hardware\GBA_Hardware_Default.uae|
5) Click replace all
6) Save the script with the same name

I can't connect to my ftp at the moment so I can't U/L an already modified script file for you.

Hope that sorts everything out.

There should be a another release on the weekend that fixes a few bugs.
de
denoiser

Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:55 am

Hi Runey , thank you for your help

but i´m too stupid of programming to make the changes in my gamebase amy.txt file . There are too many lines :-(( .
Maybe you can tell me which linenumber must be replaced , or is it more
than only one line ?
I think I give it up, and wait for a fix to download a working script .

I wondering what about all the other amiga database freaks .
Do they have no problems with your script ??

I have send my script to your e-mail addy , maybe you find the time to make the change , and send it back .

Thanks

Denoiser

Return to “Commodore Amiga - GameBase Amiga”