Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Games on multiple CD

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

luke_70it

Games on multiple CD

Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:56 pm

Is it possible to make GB verify available games on mutliple CD without deleting entries for previous CDs?
It will be nice if GB could read CD label of each CD, telling something as "Insert CD xxxxxxx to load the game"....

Thanx
Luca
Markus
Keen Member
Keen Member

Re: Games on multiple CD

Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:11 am

luke_70it wrote:Is it possible to make GB verify available games on mutliple CD without deleting entries for previous CDs?
It will be nice if GB could read CD label of each CD, telling something as "Insert CD xxxxxxx to load the game"....

Thanx
Luca
you can have more path so for example read game from 2 different cd drives... i think 2 cds swichngwith one isn'T currently supported...

hope that was what you meant...
Gu

Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:10 pm

Yes. This is what i mean.
I have only one CD drive and it will be nice to let Gamebase tell me which cd to insert to play my favourite game (SNES games requires 6 CDs....)

Thanx for your reply!
Luca
J2003C
GB64 Team

Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:55 pm

The only way, currently, that I can think of doing what you want is a real pain in the ass.
1 - copy all cds to hard drive in a single folder.
2 - disable CD drive or remap to new letter.
3 - use software to map the folder to a drive letter (many free ones exist)
4 - verify all the games on the "fake" drive (folder) with GB
5 - remove the "fake" drive
6 - reactivate CD or remap to original letter

It will now do what you want. The problem is that if any CDs have the same directory & file names, only 1 file (the last one copied) will work.
-J2010C-
Gu

Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:44 am

Thank you for your reply J2003C.

It will be very nice if you can add an option in the "Verify available files" menu to choose if restart from beginning or "append" games to the ones already present in the database.

By the way Gamebase is fantastic: thank you for giving us such a wonderful tool!!

Return to “The GameBase Frontend”