Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

editing gemus.dat

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

Tal

editing gemus.dat

Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:30 am

hey, anyone able to tell me how to edit gemus.dat properly?

I'm starting on a gameboy gamebase (probably also GBA) and am going to use VirtualBoy Advance.

anyone?
J2003C
GB64 Team

Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:28 am

Sure. What do you want to know?

After you set up your emulator scrips and emus with "Manage Emulators," use "Export Emulator Definitions" from the GEMUS menu. In the emudefs.txt file that pops up, you must supply a link between the first 2 ¬. Just put http://google.com if there is no emu related web page. You can put a comment between the 2nd & 3rd ¬, but it is not required. Then just open a gemus.dat in notepad and replace the data with the emudefs.txt data. You can verify the file by running the "emulator setup wizard" from the GEMUS menu to see if it works (you should run it with a different database or a copy so you don't overwrite the original GEMUS settings).
-J2010C-
Tal

Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:57 pm

¬VisualBoy Advance¬¬¬VisualBoyAdvance.exe¬26B16835¬.gba¬N¬vba.txt¬

^^^That's what I had.

So, you're saying that I should change it to:

¬http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net
/vba/VisualBoyAdvance-1.7.2.zip¬¬¬
VisualBoyAdvance.exe¬26B16835¬.gba¬N¬vba.txt¬

well, that's what I tried, then tried copying what was already there (i.e. in the same format as the others, including title) and on both occasions GameBase told me that line 23 was invalid.

HELP!!

EDIT: Done! Thanks a lot!
Tal

More problems...

Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:41 pm

hey all, how shall I change my gemus.dat to be able to use the emu setup wizard? This is what I've got at the moment:

[GameBoy Advance]
¬VisualBoy Advance¬http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/vba/
VisualBoyAdvance-1.7.2.zip¬¬VisualBoyAdvance.exe¬
*¬gba¬N¬vba.txt¬

(it's a bit long, so I broke it up)

I just need to fix it to be able to run the emulator setup wizard.

Thanks,
Tal
J2003C
GB64 Team

Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:31 am

Note that the * instead of 26B16835 will search for the first file named VisualBoyAdvance.exe. This is fine if you only have 1 version. The CRC match (26B16835) is if you want to specify a specific version of an emulator, or if there is another emu using the same name (this is true for many Windows emus that use the same file name as the DOS version).

I also suggest that you use a link to a web page, not a direct download (the zip file), so people will know what they are downloading if they click on the link during the wizard setup.
-J2010C-

Return to “The GameBase Frontend”