Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Frontend isn't finding my games

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

sp
spiritofcat

Frontend isn't finding my games

Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:17 am

My games are not in folders sorted by first letter, but instead they are sorted by media.
Is there any way to get the frontend to detect them without having to manually put them into the 0\ a1\ etc folders?
J2003C
GB64 Team

Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:29 pm

GameBase won't dectect "your games" at all. You have to manually add them. The GameBase Collection (GBC) is all in zipped files by letter. If they are "your games" then they are not the GBC games, any you will have to manually add them.

If you unzipped the GBC games, then you're still out of luck. If you just want to move the GBC games into different folders, then it can be done, but you will need MS Access to edit the database manually.
-J2010C-
Gu

Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:26 pm

I see.
"My Games" are a different collection of c64 games hat I downloaded, including blast from the past etc.
I guess I'll just manually add them as I decide to play them.
little_plugger
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:59 am

just interested:

it is possible to extract the file names of a compressed zip file and automatically add the game record to my own access database?

I know it not possible to get any of the detailed information on the game (year, author) but this can be put in manually?
J2003C
GB64 Team

Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:39 pm

No, it isn't currently poossible. An auto-adder was always a to-do item, but seems to be a very low priority. One of the biggest problems is that every game system works differently, so auto-adding would not work for every emulator.
-J2010C-
Gu

auto-adder

Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:38 am

the thing i was thinking was grabbing the file name of the ZIP file and inserting that file name as a record and link the game to the record in the database.

it will save people typing in the game and linking it up.

then, if is something emulator specific - you go in a do whatever you need to.

Return to “The GameBase Frontend”