Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Is there anyway to change the unzip directory?

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

Macca

Is there anyway to change the unzip directory?

Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:45 am

As topic really.

I want my unzips to goto %temp% and I can change this in the emulators ini files however Gamebase keeps changing them to GBGame - and if I make the ini read only then it moans about it.

Is there a proper way to do this?

Cheers,

Macca
skywalka

Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:22 am

Good question. I'd also like to know the answer to this.

It takes effort to keep a drive tidy. I don't like the fact that a GBGame folder is created in the root of my C drive whenever I play something in GB64. The root of the C drive shouldn't be used as a dumping ground by programs. At least remove the GBGame folder when GB has been closed.
J2003C
GB64 Team

Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:48 pm

This was an issue from the beginning, but it was the only universal solution to several problems. Due to emulator path limitations, the path had to be chosen to be very close to the root. Having GB delete it at exit is also not an option, since if a file in there is being used by an emulator, you'd get an error. There are workarounds, but James has not shown interest in updateing the frontend in years, and I have never been able to get my VB skills up to the required level to be able to make bug-free changes.
-J2010C-

Return to “The GameBase Frontend”