Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Adding games in Access

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

little_plugger
Keen Member
Keen Member

Adding games in Access

Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:15 am

Hello,

I have developed a gamebase in an Excel spreadsheet with the same fields in the same order as GBv03.

To copy the records in the database I've cut and pasted the records from Excel to Access. All records were successfully copied.

I have also checked that fields have a matching related record in the other tables (Publisher, Genre etc..) and setup the emulators, game paths etc etc.

Opening up Gambase works fine - but when I click on a game it brings up one of those 'Window has encounted a problem and needs to close.'

If I add a game normally there is no problem when I click *this* game but the one I have copied cause the problem.

I have already read the post "Import game list, not one by one" from another forum user but the type of request is slightly different.

How can I copy the Excel spreadsheet to GameBase without manually entering in 13000 game records?
J2003C
GB64 Team

Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:53 pm

I encountered this before. It has to do withthe difference between empty (blank) fields and null fields. the VBA Access code expects nulls (I think). Try "Compact and Repair Database" fro mthe utilities menu. The other way (IIRC my solution) is to copy empty fields from existing records into yours to ensure you will get nulls. There are only a couple fields that require nulls instead of blanks, but I can't remember which ones.
-J2010C-

Return to “The GameBase Frontend”