Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Feature requests

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

vargaviktor
Keen Member
Keen Member

Feature requests

Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:16 pm

Hello,

I have played a lot nowadays with Gamebase, and i think there should be some new features.

1)
At first of all i missed a feature, which can generate static webpages from a database.

For example, we have database for Primo, but that seems work twice on something, if you put the gamebase on the page, and the screenshots, and games on a static html pages too.

Maybe it can be a very usefull function, to generate static html by some sorting (for example (a-z,#), (games, user software,...) , etc.)

2)
I have installed Microkey Gamebase, TVC Gamebase, C16 Gamesbase, and all of the have different paths for the files at the original author, so the ini files shoudl be adited manualy.
It was not a hard job for me, but for others, it can be a big problem, to get work the games which was played in the past.

So maybe, the some kind of relaitve path needed into a gamebases ini file, to if you get the moving between comupters easy.

br. Viktor
Judd

Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:20 pm

Viktor,

You may have been following this but Arthur & I have been working on scripts to solve the portability issue.

(See
http://www.gamebase64.com/forum/viewtop ... c&start=30
)

We still have an issue with the musicplayers to resolve, but it is a start...

HTH

Dan
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
Groucho Marx

Return to “The GameBase Frontend”