Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

What's up with 1.2?

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

NLS

What's up with 1.2?

Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:06 am

Happy New Year people!

I've noticed that GB64 comes with GB 1.2, which also came with the new GBAmiga 1.5.

There seems to be no info in the site for 1.2. Is this your build? Someone elses? Anybody cares to tell us the changes?

Thanks.
---
NLS
K.C.
Cool Member
Cool Member

Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:41 am

Version 1.1 had problems with showing screenshots in .PNG format. This has been solved in v1.2.
Some additional changes are made to v1.2, like support for relative paths, see here.
Michael Plate
GB64 Team

Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:26 am

Menu "Help/About" tells the whole story which is:

==============================
GameBase v1.2 (18 August 2007)
==============================
== NEW FEATURES ==
- Added filter functionality in 'Select' window for setting the Programmer, Musician, etc., and included new button label in GBText.ini
- When adding a new game/SID the name is automatically extracted and copied to the 'Add' dialog
- At startup the frontend can now detect drive letter changes. If a directory from paths.ini can not be found the actual drive letter will be used as a fallback.
- Support for relative paths within the INI files

== CHANGES ==
- Moved registration of GameBase DLLs into the main executable (no longer requires regsvr32.exe for GBFuncs.dll, GBSql.dll, Gemus.dll, PNGLib.dll)
- Better filename extraction from D64 images (capital characters, tailing spaces, etc.)
- Improved readability of D64 images (capital & special characters) in 'Game Selector'
- Improved the set and clear links mechanism and removed checkbox from the 'Set Game Link' window and GBText.ini
- Database selection window now visible in task bar
- Changed contact email address to gamebasefe @ bu22.com

== FIXES ==
- Fixed bug where PNG images would incorrectly be displayed as a white screen (new PNGlib.dll)
- Fixed bug in custom views that prevented the proper combination of Extras with other game filters (games without Extras are now searched)
- Increased timeout when converting images from BMP to PNG/GIF prevent incorrect conversion failed message
- The 'Picture Selector' will now be refreshed if a screenshot conversion timeout occurs
- Added space between delete button and other buttons on Extras dialog box to prevent accidental deletions
- Removing an entry from the 'Manage Emulators' dialog will now affect the EMULATOR.INI file
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

silly sausage

Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:45 am

i wish i had read the forum before. :oops:

i just upgraded my graphic card to try and fix the PNG screen bug.

am i the only one running a c64 emulator
with a Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS

:lol:
NLS

Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:28 pm

no you are not

I've run it in my 8800GTX machine

thanks for the briefing Michael
---
NLS

Return to “The GameBase Frontend”