Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

How to choose emulator when extension is the same

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

icon

How to choose emulator when extension is the same

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:32 am

Hi!
Im having a little problem where I use Gb as a multiemulator frontend nad some of the systems has the same extension eg. ".rom" or ".exe". How do I choose witch emulator to start for separate files (roms, images etc) and NOT based on the extension?
Thanks in advance.
icon
K.C.
Cool Member
Cool Member

Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:54 am

Just one emulator can be set as default, it's the first emulator listed in GEMUS->Manage emulators.
You can start a game with another emulator by right-clicking on the Play game button and choose one of the other emulators.
I don't think there is a way to specify a preferred emulator for each individual game.
If you want to start games of different platforms, you have to create a database for each platform.
icon

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:43 pm

Thanxs for the fast reply but my whole idea is to have all games on all plattforms in one view, just have all versions of eg "Commando" for all the platforms side-by-side to compare and so on. I have search the net for a suiteble frontend and gb id perfect IF I could only chose emulator per game and not on extensions. Maby there is a way to choose emulator from the GEMUS-scripts? or are they just "useful" for the specific emulator its made for?
Thanx anyway K.C for the help...
Icon
sut
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:48 am

There is a way highlight the game entry, press F2 which will bring up the GEMUS "key=value" pairs window.

Simply type: emu=name of emulator

Then Gamebase will boot the game in the emulator of your choice :)
Belgarath
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:54 am

Hey that works!

I had no idea you could do that.

Great tip!
icon

Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:44 am

sut you are the man! :-) Thank you very much! I did a workaround with the "run_program()" function. But this way is MUCH better! Thanks again!
Icon
sut
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:13 pm

No problem

Return to “The GameBase Frontend”