Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Looking for a game

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

Musti

Looking for a game

Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:02 pm

Since I'm new here, I'll introduce myself first.

Years ago, I had a C64 which I purchased from my own savings as a kid. I have nothing but good memories about the machine (apart from the power supply which has failed about six times) and certainly about the games which were great in graphics (back then) and are still great in concept.

I have had the pleasure of replaying most of those games thanks to the sites on the net that still provide support on the good old C64. There is one game however, which I haven't been able to find. It was on a floppy disc and the file name was 'Y.REV.TRANS'. I never figured out what it stood for but the idea behind the game was that you were an oil tycoon who needed to search and drill for oil, ship it to the oil market and sell it. It was turn based and several players could play in sequence.

I have never found in on any site, mainly since I don't know the full name, but I do hope that this basic description rings a bell with someone who knows or better has the game.

Thanks for your help.
Michael Plate
GB64 Team

Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:15 pm

Musti

Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:28 pm

Thanks a lot. You really helped me out here. That was indeed the game I was looking for. Didn't found it on C64.com or lemon64.com. This site surely moves up in my favourites.

Great to see that there's still such a lively community around the C64 out there.

Return to “The GameBase Frontend”