Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Problem with zip files

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

sut
Cool Member
Cool Member

Problem with zip files

Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:20 pm

I currently creating a small Gamebase for the Shinobi Series, My intention is to have all the Shinobi series and ports in the Gamebase but have hit a early snag.

Whilst adding the Arcade version (using Mame as the emulator) and selecting zip as the file extension. Gamebase then prevents me from using zipped files for other versions ie Master System as when I try and launch the Master System version Gamebase brings up the message
This game type is not supported by this emulator [zip]

If I remove zip as a Mame file extension then the other versions will run fine. I understand why this is happening (Gamebase obviously thinks zip files are exclusive to Mame). A possible workaround is to add the zip file extension to other systems, but I don't want to do this as, for examble if a games on 2 disks I want them in the same archive and if I add zip as a file extension it won't give me the option to select disk 1, disk 2 etc ala GamebaseST.

Any suggestions ?

Return to “The GameBase Frontend”