Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

New GB version coming... feature requests, anyone?

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

Pugsy
GB64 Team

Tue May 04, 2010 5:08 pm

Bit late to this, was a bit nervous as I'm running 64bit W7 but updated dead smoothly and works fine.

Liking very much though I have spotted a tiny bug, using the Atari800 gb that was just posted.

I noticed the review rating and thought I'd see which games were worth playing by adding a Custom View of games with a Review Rating of over 89%.

As soon as a press OK with 'Review Rating' + 'is more than' + '89%' the whole thing hangs and I have to close gamebase down.
Gamebase64 Team Member http://www.gamebase64.com
Ex-freelance cheat listing/pokes contributer to Zzap, CF, CU & ACE
MAME Cheat File Maintainer http://www.mamecheat.co.uk
Jimbo
GB64 Team

Sat May 08, 2010 6:29 pm

Thanks Pugsy,

I fixed the review rating custom view bug just now.

Also fixed zoomed pictures not zooming to the correct specified size. Zoomed pics now retain their aspect ratio too (if the custom specified sizes differ to the picture's aspect ratio they are adjusted).

Will post a new (hopefully final) beta shortly.

James
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Sun May 09, 2010 8:14 am

Thanks! 8)
arthur_gill@hotmaIl.com
Cool Member
Cool Member

the last feature I would like to see...

Mon May 10, 2010 7:25 am

apart from the dlls auto registering (ahem!), is to be able to run from optical media without theneed to copy to hard disc.
I would liek to have my amiga gamebase, atari ST, NEC PCFX etc. run in standalone mode with relative pathing etc and no need for a .LDB file.
I did post info a while ago on the ability to run an .mdb without needing to create a local .ldb

short version,m I want to archive off the stupidly large amount of data I have to bluray and run from there 'completly' without installation of gamabase as it would all be local.

:)

regards,
Arthur.
Jimbo
GB64 Team

Mon May 10, 2010 7:30 am

Hi Arthur,

This needs to go here: -
http://www.gb64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4462
K.C.
Cool Member
Cool Member

Mon May 10, 2010 7:45 pm

K.C. wrote:A lot of Yes/No fields have been changed to Yes/No/Unknown.
Is there a way to check for Unknown in GEMUS?
Jimbo wrote:Will look at the Yes/No/Unknown thing!
Testing for Unknown doesn't seem to be implemented, unless I overlook something.
Jimbo
GB64 Team

Mon May 10, 2010 7:55 pm

No, you're right! I forgot! Is it important enough to warrant fixing in 1.3?
K.C.
Cool Member
Cool Member

Mon May 10, 2010 8:02 pm

For me ATM: no.
But I don't think the UNKNOWN values are very useful, if there is no way to test for this value in GEMUS.
Jimbo
GB64 Team

Mon May 10, 2010 8:08 pm

I think I'll leave it for v1.4.

Unknown can still be useful if the field is not used as a GEMUS field (by editing the name of the field in the ini file)
K.C.
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue May 18, 2010 9:18 pm

K.C. wrote:Don't know if you call this a feature request or a quick bug fix, but could you please add a message box "Discard changes? Yes or No" when clicking Cancel or pressing Esc in the GEMUS edit window?
This one doesn't seem to be implemented in the latest version. It's quite frustrating when you hit Esc accidentally after typing in a lot of text in the GEMUS window.
Easy enough to add this in V1.3 or post it in the V1.4 feature request thread?
Jimbo
GB64 Team

Wed May 19, 2010 7:29 am

Sure I can add this one!

I've got my hands full this week with real life, but hopefully I'll get something released sometime next week.

Cheers
Deleauvive

Sun May 23, 2010 4:08 pm

There is something I would like to see in v1.3 final if you don't mind. That's the possibility to add 'Notes' as an extra column, so that when I export the game list to a text file, I may share all the notes I have attached at once, in the same manner as any other column data.

Thanx,
Deleauvive

Mon May 24, 2010 2:21 pm

Don't know it this is intentional, but when importing personal data from a backup, the new favorites from the new database are present.
Not really a problem if one wants to have a look at what the Gamebase maintainer fancies in terms of new additions, but may be completely clearing new database
  • favorites
    times played
    date last played
could be implemented to improve import feature.

Also, feel free to have a look at that later, but I find it a bit strange that in "all games" view Gamebase doesn't seem to "remember" that such game was previously added to favorites ("game x have been added to your favorites" despite it already being in my fav. list)

Third point, concerning the request from my previous post, it seems notes get erased from one update to another. Could it be possible to prevent that from happening, please ?

Last, since rating depends on the user perception, could it be possible to edit it from within Gamebase ?
Jimbo
GB64 Team

Mon May 24, 2010 5:39 pm

Hi

There are no more non-trivial features going into v1.3. So anything more than simple "can you add a msgbox here" type requests should go into the v1.4 thread.
Don't know it this is intentional, but when importing personal data from a backup, the new favorites from the new database are present.
Not really a problem if one wants to have a look at what the Gamebase maintainer fancies in terms of new additions, but may be completely clearing new database
  • favorites
    times played
    date last played
could be implemented to improve import feature.
There should be a tickbox you can tick on the import to clear existing fields in the newer database.
Also, feel free to have a look at that later, but I find it a bit strange that in "all games" view Gamebase doesn't seem to "remember" that such game was previously added to favorites ("game x have been added to your favorites" despite it already being in my fav. list)
Is it really worth the difference of saying:
"game x has been added to your favourites"
instead of:
"game x has already been added to your favourites" ? I don't think so...
Perhaps in v1.4 I can disable/hide the "add to favourites" option for games already in the favourites list. Also - and I believe this has been mentioned before - the ability to remove games from the favourites list, from the main view. ALthough I'm not sure how many people would do this - if it were me I'd be removing them when I'm browsing through the favourites view.
Third point, concerning the request from my previous post, it seems notes get erased from one update to another. Could it be possible to prevent that from happening, please ?
one for v1.4
Last, since rating depends on the user perception, could it be possible to edit it from within Gamebase ?
I believe this is editable from within GameBase.

Cheers

James
Deleauvive

Mon May 24, 2010 11:01 pm

I believe this is editable from within GameBase.
I was clicking on the rating button in the personal tab, which led to the view changing to all the games corresponding to that rating.
Ctrl+shift+F2 does the trick.

Now posting all the stuff that doesn't belong here in the other thread, sorry about that.

Return to “The GameBase Frontend”