Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

How do I copy favourites etc from one PC to another?

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

jamespstevenson

How do I copy favourites etc from one PC to another?

Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:24 am

Hi,

I've set up a whole bunch of favourites and categories etc. on my work PC but would like to transfer these settings to my home laptop. I have gamebase up and running, just wondering where this file is saved (prefs?) and how I can transfer it.

Many thanks!

James
macon

Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:47 pm

I'm assuming your using Internet Explorer.

In the file menu (if is not showing press ALT) select 'import and export'. Choose 'export to file'. Transfer the saved file to your home computer (maybe by emailing it home) and import the file in the same way when you get home.
jamespstevenson

Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:57 pm

Sorry - I should have been clearer.

I mean from Gamebase. For example; I have a whole set of categories on one PC with favourites, playable, great music etc saved for gamebase 64 and gamebase Amiga. I'd like to transfer these to another PC.

i think it should just be a case of copying all the .mdb files over the default ones, assuming this is where this data is stored?

Thanks!

James
davo

Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:20 am

jamespstevenson wrote:i think it should just be a case of copying all the .mdb files over the default ones
That should do it. Just make a copy of the files you are about to write over, jic.
jamespstevenson

Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:00 am

indeed! Thought that would be the case. Thanks - James

Return to “The GameBase Frontend”