Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

RE new beta's of Gamebase...

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

Paul Irvine
Cool Member
Cool Member

RE new beta's of Gamebase...

Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:26 pm

Jimbo,

Any chance of either a log or a debug mode please..

Reason I ask is this, at the mo I am getting a "invalid file referenced in script function" where WinVice throws up this error on the Demo base and gamebase. Everyone is doing their best to help but it would be so much easier if I could see what file is causing this error from a log.

Would make debugging scripts a bit easier :)
-------
Loved ones are never gone as long as you remember them....
K.C.
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:19 pm

One thing that could be of some help, is adding a line number of the GEMUS script where the error occurred. That would make it a bit easier to find what caused the error message.

However, it's quite simple to find the location in the GEMUS script manually.
The only thing you have to do is put a few Show_Message commands in the script.
These messages will be displayed in a popup window. You have to press the OK button to let GEMUS continue parsing the script.

Example:

Code: Select all

Add_CLP( -option1)
Show_Message(Step 1)
Add_CLP( -setting2)
ShowMessage(Step 2)
Set_CFG_Value(1||Setting3||true)
Show_Message(Step 3)
Run_Emulator()
If nothing is filled in under Script Files in the GEMUS menu, running a game with this emulator will display a popup "Step 1", then a popup "Step 2" and then an error message "Invalid file referenced in script file".
So the error must be between Step 2 and Step 3.
And indeed, the line Set_CFG_Value(1||Setting3||true) is the cause of the error message.

Also inserting this line:

Code: Select all

Edit_CLP(CLP Used for this game)
just before the line Run_Emulator() could help you debugging the GEMUS script.
It will display a window with the Command Line Parameters before the game starts.

In GB 1.3 Beta, you can also add a line Show_KV().
This line will display a window with the applied Key=Value pairs before the emulator starts.
Paul Irvine
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:40 pm

Thanks for the indepth explanation of how to at least see a step to where to look for the issue.

As you know I fiddle with the scripts to make stuff that didn't work, work as opposed to being that savvy on the script system..

If that makes sense...

The show_message will come in bloody handy and yes, a line break number would be great if not a full log..
-------
Loved ones are never gone as long as you remember them....

Return to “The GameBase Frontend”