Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

blast collection

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

StackOverflow

blast collection

Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:42 pm

i've installed gamebase and extracted the blast collection which i downloaded a while back to use with the old gamebase64. Ive set all the paths and run the verify games but its not seeing anything. I can go through and manually select each game to where the file is but doing it this way is going to take forever ! Can anyone advise ? or is the blast collection better avoided these days !

regards
Pugsy
GB64 Team

Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:27 pm

The GameBase Colection (GB64) does not utilise the Blast disks at all.... In the past there were quite a few games on the blast disks that weren't easy to find anywhere else...this thankfully is no longer the case. Forget about Blast from the Past ....it's in the past ;-)
Gamebase64 Team Member http://www.gamebase64.com
Ex-freelance cheat listing/pokes contributer to Zzap, CF, CU & ACE
MAME Cheat File Maintainer http://www.mamecheat.co.uk
arthur_gill@hotmaIl.com
Cool Member
Cool Member

on a similar vein...

Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:10 am

as the HVSC website continues to update it collection, can one simply add the new sids to the GB music folder and they will be 'linked' to the relevant game?

IE is there an update required to the GB database in order to compensate for updates to things such as the sid collection or is it assumed that the sid is called the same name as the game and it all just 'works'?

Regards,
Arthur.
:D
SexyWayne
Cool Member
Cool Member

Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:50 am

when the gb64 update is released it will most probably be updated with the latest version of hvsc, as for updating gb64 yourself, you'll need to re-associate various sids with various games manually and you may well find that there will be thousands of these various sids, good luck :D
arthur_gill@hotmaIl.com
Cool Member
Cool Member

thanks for that.

Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:12 am

in that case I shall wait patiently for the next update.
(I am sure it will also have new GEMUS scripts for the new release of ccs64, more info on new EXTRAS etc anyway!)
SexyWayne
Cool Member
Cool Member

Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:04 pm

iirc the gemus dat for ccs64 2.0b should work ok with V3.0, but i don't use v3.0 so i've never tried
J2003C
GB64 Team

Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:04 pm

If you are referring to CCS64 v3.0, then yes you are correct. You can either use the v2.0b GEMUS script directly or copy it and rename it CCS64 v3.0b (or whatever). The emulator auto-detect will not work, of course, since it is too new and keeps changing (currently at v3.0 beta 1.3). In the future, I hope they will move the drive lights to the status bar and add command line options to turn the bar on/off and to maximize/minimize the window. Then the GEMUS scripts will be different.
-J2010C-

Return to “The GameBase Frontend”