Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

DLL regestring for the frontend.

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

arthur_gill@hotmaIl.com
Cool Member
Cool Member

DLL regestring for the frontend.

Wed May 05, 2004 9:26 am

When using the gamebase frontend with the PRIMO project, I found a problem, which I have managed to solve.

I installed the frontend primarily for use with gb64.
I then installed the PRIMO database into the corerct location (IE a sub folder for the .mdb etd, but left the rest of the files where they normally go, root of the gamebase folder.)

When the database and the other primo required fixes are installed for the PRIMO database, it installs different version sof the dll files used by the front end, in short, the frontend goes all Hungarian.

This means is you then try to use the front end to run, for example, the c64 emulator etc. with GB64 things go a bit wrong.

What you need to do is re-register the english versions of the dll's for it to all work correctly.
(and conversly, register the hungarian dll's for PRIMO)

Can I suggest that the next version of the frontend when it is run, it unregisters the dll's and re'registers them.

I now have seperate folders with different installations of the frontend in them, keeping the different files apart and seperate. Easier to register the files then as I know what I am registering at that time.
I know the front end is meant to handle multiple databases, but what about foreign database creators?

Does this mean anything to anyone?

Keep up the great work everyone involved in the various new DB's that are seeing the light of day (c64, ZX, ST etc).
How about a BBC database next?
:)
Gruby

Fri May 21, 2004 9:57 am

This attachment is restore for Original Language ini-files

Primo GameBase English Update

Return to “The GameBase Frontend”