Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Gamebase and Kega Fusion

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

Fi
Firebrand

Gamebase and Kega Fusion

Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:37 pm

I have been using Gamebase to play my Genesis roms automatically through Gens. When I click on a game on the Gamebase list, Gens would automatically open and start. With all of the Kega versions I couldn't click on a game and have it start. The emulator just pops up. I think it is because Kega supports different systems unlike Gens which just handles Genesis roms. Is there a way to configure it so I can click on a game and Kega Fusion will automatically know if it is a Genesis rom or SMS or whatever and start?
SexyWayne
Cool Member
Cool Member

Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:00 am

i don't think kega works with command lines, so it's impossible for it to work from gamebase
Fi
Firebrand

Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:25 am

Ahh, well that's too bad. Thanks for the reply anyway.
J2003C
GB64 Team

Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:46 am

It is still possible using a simple scripting language that types whatever you want into the emulator (if the emulator uses keystrokes to load and start a game).
-J2010C-
mu
muki (guest)

Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:28 pm

http://www.eidolons-inn.net/tiki-index.php
looks like kega may work now :D
Fi
Firebrand

What about SMS?

Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:51 pm

Yea! Ok so now Genesis roms work! But, Genesis is the default for Kega so when I try to have Gamebase load a SMS rom, it says bad checksum because Kega thinks its a Genesis rom. I also have a SMS database and I want to use Fusion for those roms as well. Now that Kega has command line support, how can I edit the script to have gamebase load the emu, then go to the SMS section to automatically load the SMS rom?
SexyWayne
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:47 pm

from the kega fusion readme file:

Command Line works as follows:

Fusion gamename.ext [console] [-fullscreen]

Console options are: -sms, -gg, -gen or -md, -32x, -scd or -mcd

Default console is Genesis/Megadrive.

a little work with the gemus script should have you up and running with sms roms
Gu

Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:21 pm

I should have been more specific. I saw the section in the readme about command lines. That's where I need help. I don't know how to use command lines very well. Can anyone write the lines to get it to work please? Thanks.
J2003C
GB64 Team

Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:38 pm

In the GEMUS script add the line
Add_CLP( -sms)
after the line that adds the game filename.
-J2010C-
Fi
Firebrand

Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:24 am

Ok still havin trouble here. This is what I tried:

Add_CLP(%gamefilepath)
Add_CLP( -sms)
Run_Emulator()

Is this correct? That didn't work. Was I supposed to add another line? When I try that, I get a black screen.
J2003C
GB64 Team

Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:04 pm

If this is exacly what you entered, then you are missing the ending % sign.

It should be:
Add_CLP(%gamefilepath%)
Add_CLP( -sms)
Run_Emulator()

or simply:
Add_CLP(%gamefilepath% -sms)
Run_Emulator()
-J2010C-
Fi
Firebrand

Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:22 pm

I did put in the "%" I just omitted it in the thread and it still doesn't work! I tried the simplier version you wrote and still won't work! Do you use Fusion yourself or do you just know the script stuff real well? Has anyone tried Fusion in their Gamebase and gotten every system to work?
J2003C
GB64 Team

Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:42 pm

I don't use Fusion, so this is most likely a problem with your understanding of the emulator. In order to test it quickly, use the command line; start a DOS window (Command Prompt). Type:
fusion gamename.ext -sms

If you get "command not found" then add the fusion path to your path or change to the fusion directory. Play with the command line this way until the game starts the way you want. You may have to include the full path to the gamename.ext in there. You can also create a shortcut to Fusion, then edit the properties for the extension by adding "gamename.ext -sms" to the end of the target box. If you are still stuck, then try back here again with more specific examples of what is happening.
-J2010C-
J2003C
GB64 Team

No Problem Here

Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:02 pm

I just downloaded KEGA Fusion and an SMS ROM and used the script:
Add_CLP(%gamepathfile% -sms)
Run_Emulator()

It runs without any problems. Please verify that you set up your paths in GameBase correctly.
-J2010C-
Fi
Firebrand

Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:25 pm

Got it! My problem was I had %gamefilepath% instead of %gamepathfile%. That was it the whole time. Somehow the words file and path got reversed! Thanks for all the effort and your help! I hope you enjoy Kega Fusion!

Return to “The GameBase Frontend”