Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Creating static webpage from a database

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

vargaviktor
Keen Member
Keen Member

Creating static webpage from a database

Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:23 pm

Hello,

I will put the games which are in the Gamebase Primo to my webpage.

Are somebody know how can i export a database view?
I need only a query which makes a HTML page for me.
daveee65
Keen Member
Keen Member

Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:41 am

I don't know a way to export the whole database in one go, but you can do it one table at a time.

If you have MS Access, use it to open the database and click on a relevent table to select it (e.g. 'Games').
Then click File -> Export
...and in the 'Save as Type' drop-down list select 'HTML documents'

I guess you could export a few tables, then cut and paste the ones you wanted into a single .htm file

Alternatively, you could export each table to Excel, delete the columns you don't need and from there, 'Save as' an HTML file.

Hope that helps :?
vargaviktor
Keen Member
Keen Member

Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:00 pm

daveee65 wrote:I don't know a way to export the whole database in one go, but you can do it one table at a time.

If you have MS Access, use it to open the database and click on a relevent table to select it (e.g. 'Games').
Then click File -> Export
...and in the 'Save as Type' drop-down list select 'HTML documents'

I guess you could export a few tables, then cut and paste the ones you wanted into a single .htm file

Alternatively, you could export each table to Excel, delete the columns you don't need and from there, 'Save as' an HTML file.

Hope that helps :?
I tried these solutions, but they don't meet my needs. The first generates one html for one game, and with the second, i get only a list with the data records.

I want to make a few lists (games, user, demo, other) with screenshots, and download links, to put online the these lists. But with the previously mentioned solutions i can't generate a well formated html only crappy tables or a lot of tables.

In short, i want a query, with HTML output, but the items like link and pictures should shown not the filenames.
Gu

Hmm...

Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:59 pm

I think you're going to have to write some code to get the results you need.

If you have Visual Basic 6 installed, with the Jet database drivers loaded, you're on the right path!

Return to “The GameBase Frontend”