Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

How do I Transfer Commodore 64 Games to my PC

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

P1Tom

How do I Transfer Commodore 64 Games to my PC

Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:37 pm

I still have my old Commodore 64 and all my games on disc. I would like to transfer all of my old games over to my PC where I can play them on an Emulator. Can I hook my old 1541 to my PC and move the data from the floppy over to my hard drive?

Also I would like to move them over before the disc get too old that they won't ever work again. Is this possible to do?

I would love to show my kids all the games of my youth.

Thanks for any and all help.

Tom
Mayhem
GB64 Team

Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:29 pm

Well if they are games available here, you might as well just download them and play them on the emulator :)

And if it's something NOT here though, then we'd be interested in getting a copy. Helping out if need be.

Are the disks originals or copies (unprotected)?
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Skull2K

Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:54 pm

Yes, I'd be interested in knowing if anyone has the tools to transfer stuff over as well. Years back, I got help from someone named Bionic Grasshopper. He transferred many of my older
BASIC games. I know I still have stuff (somewhere buried in boxes) that I'd still like to transfer. I'd definitely mail them to whomever (if I ever find them). :D
P1Tom

Games

Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:54 pm

They are all copies (unprotected) from the wild Warez days of the 80's and BBS's. So if that is something you can use just let me know. If not, that is fine too, I understand. I have a few original but not too many.

Thanks,
Tom
Mayhem
GB64 Team

Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:34 pm

If you can put a list together, we can see if any are missing from our database :)
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
J2003C
GB64 Team

Re: How do I Transfer Commodore 64 Games to my PC

Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:09 pm

P1Tom wrote:I would like to transfer all of my old games over to my PC where I can play them on an Emulator. Can I hook my old 1541 to my PC and move the data from the floppy over to my hard drive?

Tom
You should check out http://sta.c64.org/sc.html for more info. You will need an XP1541 (or other similar type of cable).

Skull2K: It's nice to see you here. I'm a big fan of your work!
-J2010C-
Skull2K

Re: How do I Transfer Commodore 64 Games to my PC

Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:03 am

J2003C wrote: Skull2K: It's nice to see you here. I'm a big fan of your work!
Thank you very much. It's nice to know I have some fans of BASIC stuff. :)
I haven't been very active over the last year and a half (if not more), but much has changed. Deaths in the family, house sold, etc., etc. Not much fun stuff to report, sadly.

Also, thanks for the link to the database. I have downloaded the front-end as a start. I'll eventually get the screenshots. Need to free up some hard drive space (again).

Talk to you all soon. I'm going to try and be a bit more active again. After all, there is a new, little game on my site. Whoda thunk it? :D

Return to “The GameBase Frontend”