Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Smartsound quicktracks problem

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

awarringa1

Smartsound quicktracks problem

Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:13 pm

Hi, first of all a HUGE thank-you for v3, downloaded it from usenet yesterday and the completeness of the collection is simply awesome.
All works fine, but I have one problem when I start gamebase, I get the windows installer for ''smartsound quicktracks''. While the installer runs I get the message ''the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable'' and it asks me for an alternative path.

I click cancel, but then the installer starts from scratch again. After I cancel it 4 or 5 times, gamebase runs (without problems).

Does anyone know how to get rid of this message?

Also a tip for a future version of gamebase: now it's quite a hassle to configure the joysticks in winvice from within gamebase with those scripts, it would be easier if there was an option to just use the saved settings from winvice..

Regards
Andre
J2003C
GB64 Team

Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:52 am

I don't know about the installer problem (never heard of that before).

If you look at the GEMUS script for the emu you are using, you will see in clear English how to easily change the auto-joystick settings and how to deactivate them. It's as simple as replacing * with <DISABLE>. The auto-settings are mostly there for people who use JoyKeys or have a single joystick. They also auto-configure paddle and mouse controlled games that are very difficult (and sometimes not possible) to configure from the emulator itself. For example, you cannot set mouse control in VICE from the VICE menu. If you enable the mouse by editing vice.ini, then you can't turn it off (no mouse will appear in Windows) from the VICE menu. The auto-controller settings are more necessary than you think.
-J2010C-
Gu

Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:30 pm

Thanks for clearing that up, I really missed the option to change the joysticks, so I edited the winvice.txt file manually. This was not too much of a problem since I had the same problem with v2, and then someone on this board here helped me out. I was just mentioning this because I was affraid other newcomers would get the same problems.

Btw, I fixed the smartsound quicktracks error by installing http://www.smartsound.com/support/Quick ... er3026.exe.

Regards
Andre

Return to “GB64 Help!”