Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Burning the GB64v3 .ISOs to CD, properly

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

The Lord of the Flies
Keen Member
Keen Member

Burning the GB64v3 .ISOs to CD, properly

Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:39 am

Ya know, I've never burned a CD before. Heh.... :):oops:

I bought some blank CD-R/W discs and a CD-R/W drive. The drive came with Nero Express 6, which I've just installed today.

I thought I'd like to burn the entire GameBase64 v3 to CDs. I have everything: the 4 big RARed .ISOs (is an .ISO file a CD-image? ???), the ZIPped DVD-box cover, and the fix-patch for CD1.

I've already installed the whole of the Collection onto my HD, but have kept the 4 .RARs, etc. around for this purpose. :)

Thx! :)
K.C.
Cool Member
Cool Member

Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:24 pm

Wow, where did you get that stuff? :wink:
In Nero Express 6.x, choose "disc image or saved project", choose "Image files (*.nrg;*.iso;*.cue)" as filetype and browse to the ISO file. Place a blank CD in your CD-burner.
That's all!
J2003C
GB64 Team

Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:13 pm

Of course, you need to extract the ISO files from the rars first (WinRAR is good).
-J2010C-
Gu

Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:21 pm

Kewl. I did that.

Do I then extract the files & folders from the .ISO before putting that stuff to the CD?
The Lord of the Flies
Keen Member
Keen Member

Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:51 pm

Whoops! Not logged-in when posting. :-I I hate whenever I do that. :(
The Lord of the Flies
Keen Member
Keen Member

Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:47 am

Heh okay heh I seem to be having trouble Formatting a CD, not sure if I have to do that anyway.

I've been..."formatting" disc after disc after disc with InCD, which came on my Nero whatever OEM disk. The best I've done is format a disk with a total space of 573MB, even though the discs are supposed to have 700MB space. 573MB is not enough space for the first GB64v3 CD...I guess.

What the hell am I doing wrong? ??? Or does InCD f***in' suck? ???
Last edited by The Lord of the Flies on Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mayhem
GB64 Team

Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:08 am

Format a CD? Erm right... you just burn to them straight off. Unless it's a rewriteable, then you need to format to remove the previous contents.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
K.C.
Cool Member
Cool Member

Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:51 pm

Don't use InCD, don't format it first, just open the ISO file with your CD-burning software and burn the contents of it to a CD. The ISO format is an archive/image format for CD's, just like ZIP for PC-files and D64 for C64 diskettes. With my version of Nero Express I can choose "disc image or saved project" from the main menu as mentioned above. After browsing to the right folder and opening the ISO file, nothing more is needed to do, just burn the CD!
Gu

Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:36 am

Hey, thx!

All I hadta do was not format the disk and not use InCD, which I uninstalled.

It seems I was assuming that CD-R/Ws were like C64 floppies in as much as you had to format them to be used. Furthermore InCD seemed to suggest it.

Seems to me (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) that the only good InCD does is making CDs so that you can drag & drop into it like a floppy, at the cost of over 250MBs' space.

Thx, dudes! I got it done, freeing up about 2-and-a-half gigs of HD space! You guys rock!
Gu

Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:43 am

Thx, dudes! All I hadta do was not format the disc and not use InCD (which I uninstalled). I got it done, saving about 2-and-a-half gigs of HD space. Thx!

Seems to me--correct me if I'm wrong--that the only good InCD does is make it so that you can drag & drop onto the CD like a floppy, at the cost of over 250MBs' space.

Thx! You guys rock! :)
Gu

Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:46 am

Holy s***! Double-post AND while, again, not logged in!

Um, I got that error that that other guy mentioned, thinking the post was never made...twice.... :I

Okay, sry. Now I know..... :I

Return to “GB64 Help!”