Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Virtual Graph-Paper Mapping...?

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

Gu

Virtual Graph-Paper Mapping...?

Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:28 pm

Dunno if this is the proper forum in which to post this.... If it isn't, please move this to the proper place....

Does anyone know of a way in which I can, while playing such as an emulated C64 adventure-game on my PC, make a graph-paper map, but on the PC and without actual graph-paper and pencil?

Maybe there's a program that I can d/l that would help with this? ???

Thx.
The Lord of the Flies
Keen Member
Keen Member

Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:29 pm

Heh, I was logged-in, or thought I was. Anyway, I posted the above.... :I
Michael Plate
GB64 Team

Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:51 pm

If it's a graphic adventure you could make screenshots of the locations (WinVICE=ALT+C , CCS64=ALT+F1) and merge those with a standard gaphic proggie later on.

Ciao,
Michael
The Lord of the Flies
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:17 am

I understand what you are saying, but honestly I'm not very good with photo-editing and -manipulation. And besides, that would seem to work only if the graphical-view was from above.

But if I'm playing Legacy of the Ancients, I start the game in the Museum at Tarmalon, which is displayed in a first-person view.

A way or program the way I describe would accommodate (I guess) all adventure-games, even text-adventures as well.
J2003C
GB64 Team

Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:42 am

Yes, there is something out there for this. I forget the name, but you could probably find it with Google. The problem I remember was that it was shareware that stopped after only a few dozen locations. Sorry I can't remember more, but I know there is such a program.
-J2010C-
The Lord of the Flies
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:02 am

Seems like long ago, I posted about about this in one of the Commodore forums (this one or another one, I don't remember), but I don't remember if I used this name, or a different name....hmmm....

I got an answer and d/led a little program like that, but that must of been on the HD of a computer that I no longer own....hmmm....

[Append:] Okay I haven't...yet...looked extensively, but I found this: http://autorealm.sourceforge.net/index.php. This seems to have a whole lotta extras more than what I really need, which is just, basically, little "graph-paper" maps, or even those maps that you'd sometimes make that looked kinda like a flow-chart. Whatever! I just hope to gods that this is not too complicated to get working....

Return to “GB64 Help!”