Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Can not play MULE (via VICE)

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

nomad

Can not play MULE (via VICE)

Wed May 17, 2006 2:16 am

All of the kind folks of GBC64, please HEEEELLLLPPPP!

the only reason I was browsing this and other sites was to find my long lost game of M.U.L.E. an being able to play it on my pc

I have downloaded the game from this very GBC64 site, unzipped it and obtained the MULE.D64 file

I have installed VICE and placed the MULE.D64 into the dosvice directory.

I have 2 problems:

1. when I launch x64.exe, it starts in full screen mode. Can I make it into a window mode, i.e., having a smaller real estate on my screen. But this is a minor problem and I can live with full screen for the time being.

2. and more important problem : I can not get the mule game run. I have gone to the menu of vice (by pressing esc, then attached the MULE.D64 to drive 8. when I come back to the c64 screen and give the command

LOAD "*",8,1

it seems like it starts loading but it gives me a ?BREAK ERROR and locks up. I am not sure if I get the syntax of program load right or wrong but I can not do anything after I get the error.

Please help me out...
K.C.
Cool Member
Cool Member

Wed May 17, 2006 6:55 am

1. Download the Windows binaries from the Vice webstite (WinVICE-1.19.zip). This wil run the emulator in a window.
2. To run the first program of a disk image, click File, Autostart Tape/Disk image and doubleclick on MULE.D64. This should run the game. If this doesn't work, try it again with True drive emulation enabled (in the Options menu).
3. Don't forget to set the joystick settings correctly (Settings, Joystick settings).
merman
Cool Member
Cool Member

Wed May 17, 2006 9:15 am

ALT & ENTER toggles full-screen mode

Return to “GB64 Help!”