Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

GB64 Games distribution

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

Ta
Tarzanoid

GB64 Games distribution

Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:42 pm

I think it is a known problem that the GB64 Game files are hard to come by at the moment. Besides that I am afraid they will be hard to come by for a very long time if they keep being shared by only one site/provider. (probably even only pestered by automated downloads wich keep crashing and hardly leaving openings for 'non automated downloaders'.

Shouldn't it be wise to at least indicate a filename or other usefull way to differ the complete GB64 Games package from the rest of 'incomplete' packages of GB games, so files can be attained by other ways then just by merely one site? A distribution system like KaZaA, WinMX, etc. is probably more efficient for distributing a package like this on this scale. Though it has to be recognizable...

Greetings,
Tarzanoid
SexyWayne
Cool Member
Cool Member

Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:58 pm

both gb64 cd iso's have been available on emule for the last couple of months, i'm still sharing although the demand is quite low for it now
Gu

Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:11 pm

I do not have emule and besides that is till do not know what files to look for... GameBase 64 ISO nor GB64 ISO returns any results at WinMX for example. If you really would like to do people a favour tell them the exact file name to look for.
graveyardjohn
GB64 Team

haven't got emule eh?

Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:50 pm

I do not have emule and besides that is till do not know what files to look for...
Well, you can get a version of it here - http://www.edonkey2000.com

A cursory glance through the forums would have helped you find what you're looking for... try..
http://www.gb64.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... ht=edonkey
*GB64 Team Member*
*Mame Cab Owner*
*Should get out more*
Ne
Necro

Sat Oct 18, 2003 1:39 pm

Can someone get onto emule with full versions of both isos? There are only a few bits missing it seems like everyone is just...waiting for.

Thanks!
J2003C
GB64 Team

Sat Nov 01, 2003 12:31 am

What?
-J2010C-
Matt Larsen
GB64 Team

you guys....

Sat Nov 01, 2003 4:35 am

There are plenty of sources on emule.... even right now....

Just download the ISO's and come back a day or two later. Just because the little bar graph says there is missing bits does not mean it is so..... Sources will come online to fill in the gaps in the graph.... YOu have to have patience... Let emule run in the background and be patient!

Shoot there are more sources of gamebase then even most MAME files!

Emule is slow but a very reliable way to get the collection! (Please reference the post in the "Gamebase 64 Collection" Forum for more information.

Cheers,

Matt

Return to “GB64 Help!”