Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

WinVice true drive emulation problem

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

Mayhem
GB64 Team

WinVice true drive emulation problem

Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:42 pm

Sometimes when I start a game through GB64, TDE is enabled and sometimes it isn't. Anyone have an idea why? Something to do with the GEMUS script? It's annoying as I'd want it on 100% especially as many games require it and crash when it isn't there (as I found trying to load Microprose Soccer tonight!).
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Pugsy
GB64 Team

Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:56 pm

When we first started on gamebase, CCS64 was the No. 1 emulator so the True Drive Emulation setting in the database is tied in to that. Though I think you can change the VICE GEMUS script to take care of it... James should be able to tell you how...
J2003C
GB64 Team

Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:13 pm

To disable Trudrive Emulation for ALL games for VICE, which is not recommended at all, in GB go to the GEMUS menu and select WinVICE or VICE (DOS) and comment out the seciton that has ";true drive emulation?" so that it looks like this (spacing here is not indented):

;If GameType CONTAINS(d64||g64||g41)
; If TrueDriveEmu = YES
; Add_CLP( -truedrive)
; Else
; Add_CLP( +truedrive)
; End If
;End If

Click OK to save the GEMUS script. This will preserve the last True Drive setting you has in VICE.
-J2010C-
Mayhem
GB64 Team

Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:22 pm

Was gonna ask if I should comment that out in the script as I had a look at it. Cheers... seems to work fine now :)

And by that I mean I have TDE set on and it is always coming on regardless of what game I start...
Magic Knight
Keen Member
Keen Member

Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:56 pm

hey Mayhem, it appears (to me at least) that TDE gets enabled from the version tab

for microprose soccer, i just changed the version info setting to have a tick next to TDE - works great

sounds like you've spotted a '2 point' forum score thingie... correcting information.. ?

i personally couldn't handle TDE for every game ! oh man !!!
J2003C
GB64 Team

Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:38 pm

The GBC is based on CCS64, which doesn't need TDE for Microprose Soccer. As teh other post indicates, the new tde= key will address this issue in future releases of the database.
-J2010C-
Mayhem
GB64 Team

Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:15 am

Yeah, looks like an interesting little hiccup to fix here... whilst MPS doesn't need TDE in CCS, it does need it in Vice (well the version in GB64 does at least). Just happened to randomly find that because I was testing the versions supplied as some will be used at BIT Live this weekend on the C64s there...

@Magic Knight... well maybe TDE slows things down sometimes, but I just Alt W it most of the time ;)
Magic Knight
Keen Member
Keen Member

Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:20 am

Mayhem wrote:@Magic Knight... well maybe TDE slows things down sometimes, but I just Alt W it most of the time ;)
ha ha ha , i walked into that one !

Return to “GB64 Help!”