Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

loading games with multiple programs

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

eb
ebtg

loading games with multiple programs

Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:44 am

Ive downloaded Ultima V which came in 8 seperate programs. I play through to the end of the first program and it asks to me to insert the next disk. What do I do next?
Michael Plate
GB64 Team

Re: loading games with multiple programs

Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:09 am

ebtg wrote:Ive downloaded Ultima V which came in 8 seperate programs. I play through to the end of the first program and it asks to me to insert the next disk. What do I do next?
The "8 different programs" are the eight disk images of the game. You have to attach the 2nd disk to the emulator to continue to play.
In WinVICE, for example, you have to press ALT+8 to do this.

Bye,
Michael
mraper3

Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:22 am

You wouldn't happen to know how to do that for the C64, would you? I'm having a similar issue with Ultima 4(IV), and I haven't found any documentation that tells me how. If I can do that, then I can just hit F1 at the prompt within the game, and it should continue, right? Thanks!
mraper3

Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:18 am

For that matter, is there a way to save the data within the game and then retrieve it and continue where I left off? I've tried a few times already, and I can never get back my saved game; it just retrieves another saved game that isn't mine. Thanks!
Gu

Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:07 am

Your first question was already answered, but you responded as if there was no reply.

VICE and CCS64 have a "freeze" function that saves the game state just as you left it. Check the menus to find the commands. Remember that you have to "re-insert" the same d64 image you were using when you made the freeze image when you load it up again, since the freeeze image doesn't do it for you.

Return to “GB64 Help!”