Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

n00b with Phantasie issues...

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

MoonWolf87

n00b with Phantasie issues...

Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:17 am

Hi everyone. I'm new here, obviously. :shock: While I used to be able to play around with hex editors all day and tweak my C64 games to do this or that, I really don't have tons of time to blow trying to get some of these classic games to work right. I also don't have time to hunt through years of posts trying to find if someone else had this problem and how they were told to fix it. So if someone can help me out, that would be great! :D

Three of my favorite games on the C64 were the Phantasie series. I downloaded all the Zip files and set them up to run with WinVICE. They really brought back some great memories. The only problem is, the minute I left town and got into a fight, the thing locked up with a "You may have inserted the wrong disk, blah, blah, blah..." message, and I couldn't figure out what to do to convince it that all was right in the world. :(

I was hoping someone could give me the rundown on how to fix this, and let me know if there are any other games where this problem might come into effect. I also plan on getting the Bard's Tale games, the old SSI Pool of Radiance series. All the games I still have the original boxes for, but haven't checked to see if the disks still worked for a couple years. :roll:

What I'm really looking forward to doing is getting my C128, all 4 of my 1541 drives and my 2 POS monitors up to my apartment, and going through ALL my old disks to see what works. I may have stuff to submit here and to the HVSC guys if all goes well. I have about a thousand old 5 1/4 disks that have been stored in cool, dry conditions in good cases that don't allow for a lot of static or dust buildup. :twisted:
SexyWayne
Cool Member
Cool Member

Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:16 pm

in the settings menu of vice make sure true drive emulation is on before loading the game, or alternatively try ccs64 as it's disk drive emulation is a lot more accurate than vice
MoonWolf87

Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:04 pm

Well, I seem to have gotten it to work with VICE, though it is has slowed it down tremendously. I am going to play with a couple other settings. :wink:

I have downloaded and installed the latest version of CCS64, but am having problems getting GB64 to recognize it. It appears that GB64 is able to set up all kinds of older versions of that emulator, but it won't recognize the new one is even there. :?
merman
Cool Member
Cool Member

Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:09 am

Go to GEMUS > Manage Emulators. Now add a new emulator (left-most icon). Follow the next page, selecting the EXE for the new CCS in the top right hand box.

Return to “GB64 Help!”