Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

High scores not saving

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

SexyWayne
Cool Member
Cool Member

High scores not saving

Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:04 pm

hi, i'm having a bit of trouble getting highscores to save when using any version of ccs, i play the game, enter my name on the high score list, answer yes when ccs asks me if i want to save the changed disk, but when i reload the game the highscore list is exactly the same as before i entered my name, this happens with every highscore saver game in gb64 all the disk images are write enabled, but the strange thing is that they all work perfectly using VICE, any ideas???

cheers,
Sanitarium

Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:42 am

Problem in the CCS maybe, so it won't save the disk again.
SexyWayne
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:27 pm

i think it may be due to ccs not being able to write to zip files, but surely if the disk image is in the rezip folder unzipped it should be able to write to it shouldn't it??? my brain hurts :? :?
SexyWayne
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:06 pm

i've tried using ccs64 v3.0 beta 1.4 accessing the disk image from directly within the emulator by-passing gamebase altogether, booted disk image by the old LOAD"*",8 method, got a highscore then entered my name, exited the emu, answered yes to saving the disk, reloaded and lo and behold the highscore wasn't there, so it's definately not a problem with gamebase, i'm gonna try ccs v2.0b and see what happens :?

edit: i've just tried v2.0b and it works perfectly loading manually within the emu, i tried launching a unzipped disk image with gamebase and it's not saving highscores, so it's either a incompatibility with gamebase or a problem with my system somewhere, can someone else try this and see what happens?
J2003C
GB64 Team

Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:34 am

In CCS64, press Alt+O and make sure the 1541 Emulation Saving is set to Continuously. I also assume you have re-zip enabled in GB. If that doesn't work, please tell what game isn't saving for you.
-J2010C-
SexyWayne
Cool Member
Cool Member

Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:31 am

yeah that sorted it, why didn't i think of that??? cheers :D

Return to “GB64 Help!”