Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Total beginner needs help

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

Stevef

Total beginner needs help

Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:47 pm

Hi,

Can anybody point me in the right direction for installing Gamebase to work with VICE? I've tried to follow the instructions and installed Gamebase v1.2 OK; but when it came to installing the updates for subsequent versions, I couldn't find any step-by-step instructions, and was left fumbling in the dark.

I presume there's an Idiot's Guide somewhere that I haven't found. I haven't a clue what I'm diong. Any help appreciated!

Thanks in advance...
J2003C
GB64 Team

Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:36 pm

i can see your problem already. Where did you get v1.2? v1.0 and v1.3 of gamebase64 were released, but v1.2 was not released to the public. The current version of GameBase is v1.1 (notice it is spelled GameBase now).

I suggest a Full Install of GameBase v1.1
http://www.bu22.com/downloads.php
-J2010C-
Gu

Still confused

Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:54 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. I've downloaded GameBase v1.1, but I'm still unsure exactly what I have to to do get it running. Can you point me to any step-by-step instructions which make it clear to a total novice how to get the program running, i.e. what files to install, and where? This isn't at all intuitive to me as the instructions seem to assume a certain level of technical knowledge. Either that or (more likely) I'm being shockingly dim. Whichever it is, thanks for the help and I look forward to enjoying the fruits of your efforts!!

Cheers

Steve
Gu

Ignore last post

Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:11 pm

Sorry guys - I've found the documentation. Having tried to install the wrong version yesterday, I didn't realise there were full instructions with the correct version. I'll follow these and post back if I have any problems, so pls ignore post.

Return to “GB64 Help!”