Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Problems Getting Extras to work

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

LeeT
Keen Member
Keen Member

Problems Getting Extras to work

Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:20 pm

Just noticed this problem with the extras on GB64 Vol2...

I highlighted 'Fruit Machine Simulator' and chose to play the original tape on the 'extras'. However I got the following error message:

"There was an unexpected error whilst reading fromt his archive. Path not found (Err 76,0)"

Having tried a lot of the other extras (including carts) on 99% of the extras I get the same error. only two tapes (Ninja and Arac) have successfully worked.

I am using WinVICE 1.14. I have set the paths correctly to the CD3 extras folder on my harddrive.

So can anyone guess where I am going wrong?
Michael Plate
GB64 Team

Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:41 pm

For starting a TAP image via the Extras button you have to register the TAP extension with the emulator you want to use (like double clicking the file within Explorer).
LeeT
Keen Member
Keen Member

Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:54 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Do I have to unzip all the extras files as I have tried changing the 'Open With' on the extras so it recognises to open those files with X64 and I still get the same error message? Also I have tried changing the properties of these files so it opens with X64 but again the same.

Sorry if I am being glaringly stupid but that's me!
LeeT
Keen Member
Keen Member

Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:52 pm

Sorry to bump this thread but now I have a more serious problem...

Since earlier tonight, GB64 will not run on my PC - It goes as far as the intro square with 'Gamebase64' in the centre of the screen and freezes. I have to restart the PC after this.

I also have the first release installed on my PC (in a different folder). Could this be causing a conflict with the latest release?

Previous to the freeze, I still could not get the extras to work - Still gettting the same error message as mentioned at the start of this thread.

Can anyone help with this unstability please?
Michael Plate
GB64 Team

Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:32 pm

Yeah, having two different versions of GB installed will cause problems. GameBase is storing some informations in the registry like last viewed game, etc. If you then start the "other one" it will use these settings which may result in a strange behaviour, crash or whatever.

I'd suggest to uninstall both versions and do a full install of the latest version of GameBase. Afterwards install the desired databases. It is possible to install the DB for v01 and v02 in parallel because they use different names and folders. It's also possible to link them to different paths, ...
LeeT
Keen Member
Keen Member

Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:01 pm

Thanks Michael - I decided to uninstall them last night whilst I defragmented my hard drive. Now I will put the latest one back on!
LeeT
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sat Jul 31, 2004 1:21 pm

UPDATE...

Today I had time to re-install GameBase. However when the front-end screen is displayed, there are only a few titles listed in the games box, then when I move up/down they disappear. Also, in the box where the screenshots are held, it is see through to my desktop! When I try to go into any of the options, nothing happens and I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL to end the program.

I would love to know why I cannot get it to work anymore. Maybe there is some conflict with another program on my PC?
Michael Plate
GB64 Team

Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:10 pm

Hmm, maybe the double installation caused invalid registry entries which will cause problem when loading the database.

Please start regedit and delete the key of the database you want to start.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GB64\GameBase\GameBase\...

Bye,
Michael

Return to “GB64 Help!”