Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Mamewah Frontend and Gamebase

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

Walkinshaw

Mamewah Frontend and Gamebase

Sat Jul 31, 2004 4:20 pm

Hi guys,

I have my C64 games collection in a Mame cabinet running through Mamewah.

I am using Winvice but I would like to know is it possible at all to get the screenshots and the game names the exact same ?

For example 5 Pin Bowling. The Gamebase extracted file is called 5PINBOWL but the screenshot is called 5-PIN_Bowling.gif. I need these files to be the same so that it runs in Mamewah proparly otherwise it will not show the screenshot.

Is there a program that can do this as it seems in Gamebase its ok to have a different screenshot to rom name but for Mame and my understanding is they need to be the same.

16000 + files is a lot to do seperately ;-)

also while Im here, can Gamebase extract a games list that has the full title of the game. Using the sxample above, making 5PINBOWL into 5 Pin Bowling etc etc

Thanks in advance
J2003C
GB64 Team

Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:07 am

You would need to write a simple program to access the Access database data and rename the screenshots associated with the game title that way.

you can export all the titles (with the sexond column data) in the GameBase current view to a text file with Ctrl+F6
-J2010C-
Walkinshaw

Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:10 pm

Thank you J2003C.

I don't know anything about programming. Would this be hard to do ?
I have found the access database and see the lists inside but I don't know where to go from here on how to rename the game screenshots to the same of the rom name.

Any more help would be appreciated but I thank you for your time anyway
=)
J2003C
GB64 Team

Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:06 am

Maybe someone would be nice and write a simple VB program for you, but I wouldno't hold my breath. Any volunteers?
-J2010C-

Return to “GB64 Help!”