Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

I need a name I can't recall...

This is the place for your GB64.COM feature requests and bug submissions!

Moderator: Jimbo

gravitor

I need a name I can't recall...

Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:19 pm

My dad and I used to love this game, but I can't remember the name or find a screenshot that rings a bell. It might have kind-of looked like marble-madness, but played completely differently.

The game was a 3d marble-type game. You could choose to ride on a marble, a hover-craft, or a pogo stick (or something similar to these vehicles), and you had to collect certain objects to pass a level. You could get power ups that would allow you to, for example, go over lava or water for a few seconds...

I don't think it was really a maze, but rather a large surface for each level where obstacles had to be overcome or gone around like lava pits and stairs or hills of sorts. If you went off the edge you'd fall into the blackness of nothing and die, so you'd have to be careful on your speed if you were going down a slant or staircase with only one block at the bottom before the edge. I seem to remember other NPC's that you could kill if you had a smart bomb, but my dad doesn't remember that.

The game had to have been a high-budget game for the time. It had incredible graphics and perfect representation of the inertial effects on each vehicle. My dad used to show it to people astounded at how it was programmed better than any other game of the time.

If anyone can help I'd be eternally grateful.
merman
Cool Member
Cool Member

Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:15 am

Sounds like PILE UP by Reaktor/Ariolasoft to me...

http://www.gb64.com/game.php?id=5691&d=18
gravitor

Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:42 pm

Thanks for trying!
Yeah, there were a lot of similarities between the two.

The game I had had about 50x better graphics (or so it seemed at the time) and definately had multiple vehicles.

It was a brightly colored game, too.
Gu

Thu May 26, 2005 4:00 am

Must be "Battle Droidz".
But it's a bit corrupt so go with "Red LED" -
it's the same game, no flaws.

Return to “The GB64 Website”