Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

A few version problems

This is the place for your GB64.COM feature requests and bug submissions!

Moderator: Jimbo

The Dark Prince

A few version problems

Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:50 pm

Hi guys,

Since this is my first post I think I'd better point out that I love gamebase and I use it all the time. Today however I discovered a few version problems of some games, namely:

Turrican 2:
  • Missing the intro from the disk version, probably because the crack is taken from tape originals, but there are plenty of versions of the game with the intro on them
  • The fifth level crashes on load. Regularly.
Dragon Breed: (Yeah, it's a buggy game, but not *this* buggy)
  • Needs true drive emulation otherwise it freezes just after the cracker intro
  • You never get the chance to enter highscores, even if you get in the table, (I don't remember this being a problem on the original)
  • On the third level, the normal bullets stop hitting anything, making it very difficult to get trhough the dragon in the middle.
    Any other bugs were problems with the original as well.
I'm probably barking up the wrong tree, but maybe a different crack is in order for these two games?

Cheers on a wonderful wonderful job though.. :)
Please don't read this sentence.
J2003C
GB64 Team

Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:08 am

First of all, thanks for your inputs. Secondly, GB is based upon CCS64 v2.0 compatibility, so it helps to know if your bugs are VICE emulator issues (we still want to know though, and are adding this info to the db).

Turrican 2 (Tape Version):
The intro is on disk 1 in a separate file.
True Drive emulation is required to load level 5-1 (CCS64 & VICE, thanks!)

Dragon Breed:
True Drive emualtion is needed for VICE Only
Please try playing with all trainer off to see if the hi-scores are locked out when trainers are on.
Try playing the Original Tape version to level 3 to see if the bullets still do not work.
-J2010C-
Mayhem
GB64 Team

Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:02 am

Do we need originals of either for the collection? I believe I have both here and could NIB them in case...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
The Dark Prince

Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:22 pm

Secondly, GB is based upon CCS64 v2.0 compatibility, so it helps to know if your bugs are VICE emulator issues (we still want to know though, and are adding this info to the db).
My fault for not saying that I was using VICE, I'll try out the same problems on CCS.
Please try playing with all trainer off to see if the hi-scores are locked out when trainers are on.
I never play with trainers on anyway.. Trust me, it doesn't work, should I provide a history file so that you can see it? I am quite happy to provide this)

Okay, I went through the tape original and the bullets work on the third level for this one. This was on VICE, so the problem with the disk version can't be due to VICE itself. Admittedly the whole game crashed once I finished the third level boss, but that's beside the point ;)
Please don't read this sentence.
J2003C
GB64 Team

Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:52 am

I would say that that's clear evidence that Dragon Breed is bugged!

Were you able to get a highscore in the Original Tape?
-J2010C-

Return to “The GB64 Website”