Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Bug report - Vampire Castle (Aardvark)

This is the place for your GB64.COM feature requests and bug submissions!

Moderator: Jimbo

ogreid

Bug report - Vampire Castle (Aardvark)

Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:42 pm

Hi!

I have discovered several bugs in the game "Vampire Castle" by Aardvark as I was playing the game. All of these bugs crashes the game with error messages. The game is part of the Gamebase 64 collection v03. As the game is written in basic the bugs were easy to fix. I have attached the solution for the game so that you can verify these bugs. They are located in the folowing lines:

580: The game uses TI$ but this is as we know an already reserved string for the internal clock.
1020: The game uses TI$ but this is as we know an already reserved string for the internal clock.
1070: The game uses DO$. The correct should be O$.
1130: There is a colon after the print statement. The correct should be a semicolon.

I have corrected these bugs and saved a working gamefile which I can send you if you want to.

As for the database - the coder's name is M.Basman as you can see in the REM statement in line 90.

Solution:

read sign (we need to find the vampire and killi it before it wakes at
midnight), go east, go east, get axe, go west, push bookcase, go down,
get rope, go down, go north, get flask, go north, get crate, get bucket,
go up, drop crate, drop axe, go east, go east, go east, go east, tie rope,
parapets, get sledgehammer, go parapets, get oar, go south, get water, bucket,
get key, go up, go west, go west, go west, drop water, drop bucket, get axe,
get crate, go fireplace, drop rope, get torch, break fireplace, sledgehamer,
go north, go north, go boat, row, drop crate, get tapestry, go overhang,
get nails, go down, break crate, axe, drop axe, get stakes, drop nails,
get tapestry, look, go north, oil door, go north, open coffin, kill vampire,
stakes (you win)

PS! I was trying to email you with this bug report, but all I got was a reply from the mailserver saying:

The IP
address of the server you are using to connect to GMX does not have
550-5.7.1 a DNS PTR record (reverse record). The recipient does not want to
receive 550 5.7.1 mail from such servers. (in reply to RCPT TO command)

And I tried from both my personal email and my job email with the same result....
J2003C
GB64 Team

Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:43 am

Thanks! We DID receive your emails... 3 times! I made the canges to the code and corrected 2 text errors also. I have a strong belief that this game was an unofficial/unpublished coversion of a TI99 or BBC game, since Aardvark made programs and games form them too, and they don't have the TI$ issue. It also makes me suspicious about the coder credits, as they might just be the name of the person who typed it in on the C64. We'll use him as the coder though, as this info is probably better than nothing.
Thanks again.
-J2010C-
ogreid

Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:44 pm

Nice! I suspected the same reason behind the errors. Probably a conversion from another platform. If Aardvark did this I believe that they would have done some bug testing - at least played through the whole game once after the conversion.

Return to “The GB64 Website”