Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

C64 games instructions

This is the place for your GB64.COM feature requests and bug submissions!

Moderator: Jimbo

Gu

C64 games instructions

Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:31 pm

Is there a site that has the instructions that come with the original games ie control keys, objectives of games and any other storyline like with dr who mines of terror, entombed, exile etc?

If not, there should be, otherwise how can someone new to c64 know what do do in a game? :(
The Lord of the Flies
Keen Member
Keen Member

Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:46 am

AFAIK, the best thing for that would be Project 64 {http://project64.c64.org/index.htm}. (Not to be confused with the Nintendo64 project of the same name.... :I )

It would be really nice if those guys over there had a lot of that stuff in .PDF along with the Plain-Text files, especially for like the Ultima games with their cloth-maps or like Pool of Radience with it's Translation Wheel, etc....
merman
Cool Member
Cool Member

Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:56 am

www.gamebox64.com is now building a collection of scanned documents and covers.

A lot of the cracks in gamebase64 include a "docs" file. A good example would be Remember - www.remember64.de
The Lord of the Flies
Keen Member
Keen Member

Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:16 am

merman wrote:www.gamebox64.com is now building a collection of scanned documents and covers.
Kewl! Thanx for the link! It's about time that somebody did that! About three-and-a-half years ago, I had numerous original boxes and manuals, etc.--even all of the Ultima games, which wasn't easy to find and get! :D I was just starting the "project" of scanning the Ultima manuals into .PDF files.

...But then I had to move to NYC and sell all my computer-stuff.... It just kills me every time I think about it.... :cry::cry::cry:
A lot of the cracks in gamebase64 include a "docs" file. A good example would be Remember - www.remember64.de
Remember rocks! Even before I got my first PC, I had quite a few Remember (re-)cracks on floppies. Best cracking-group ever! :D Their cracks have those "docs" files AND the original loading screen(s) of whatever game, some of those title-screens I didn't even know existed beforehand! Yep, Remember is great! :D

Return to “The GB64 Website”