Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Unable to register forum account

This is the place for your GB64.COM feature requests and bug submissions!

Moderator: Jimbo

Ge
Gestur

Unable to register forum account

Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:57 am

When I try to register an account I receive an errormessage which says it was unable to send the activationmail to my emailaddress. (I've tried with different mailaddresses).
Magnate
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:08 am

bobek wrote:That error is caused when someone uses the "Notify me when a reply is posted" option - the error message is saying it tried to send the e-mail but can't. It's a common problem on php boards.
And how could he use "notify me when a reply is posted" when he wasn't logged in?
J2003C
GB64 Team

Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:19 pm

Magnate wrote:And how could he use "notify me when a reply is posted" when he wasn't logged in?
Quite true. I have also been getting this error when posting, and I don't have email notifcation.
-J2010C-
merman
Cool Member
Cool Member

Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:04 am

J2003C wrote:
Magnate wrote:And how could he use "notify me when a reply is posted" when he wasn't logged in?
Quite true. I have also been getting this error when posting, and I don't have email notifcation.
Bobek just quoted what I put in another thread. He doesn't "understand" it. It doesn't have to be you that has the e-mail notification, just anyone watching a thread that can cause the error.
J2003C
GB64 Team

Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:40 pm

No, the error occurs for me when I post a NEW thread, and I don't have email notification. Therefore, I don't think it is realted to email notification at all.

Edit: I haven't seen the error in at least 5 posts, which is good news.
-J2010C-

Return to “The GB64 Website”