Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Game - CBM Poker Tournament

This is the place for your GB64.COM feature requests and bug submissions!

Moderator: Jimbo

C=
C=

Game - CBM Poker Tournament

Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:43 am

Has anyone played or even heard of the game "CBM Poker Tournament"? This game was published by commodore. The game was in the form of basic blue and white. This game had speech incorporated into it and also swore quite a bit. It was a one player game in which you played against 5 other computer players named : Slim, Tex, The Kid, etc. If anyone has this game or knows where i could find it I want to know!!!!!!!
Magnate
Cool Member
Cool Member

Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:48 pm

I know the game you have on mind - I have its Polish version, never heard of the English one, though. :(
J2003C
GB64 Team

Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:30 am

What's the Polish version? Is it in GB? I don't see it in GB v03, but I do see something in the upcoming v04 that might be it.
-J2010C-
Magnate
Cool Member
Cool Member

Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:00 pm

J2003C wrote:What's the Polish version? Is it in GB? I don't see it in GB v03, but I do see something in the upcoming v04 that might be it.
http://web.externet.hu/sk/c64/games/p/pokerpl.zip - it's not in GB now. The text in the game says (and the voice says it too :wink: ): "to polska wersja Pokera Tournament", which translates to English as: "this is the Polish version of Poker Tournament".
J2003C
GB64 Team

Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:24 pm

Thanks. It was already in the GB queue as "Poker PL." The English version is in the upcoming GBC v04 as "Poker Tournament," but I don't have the file to test to see if it has swear words in it. This was an official Soft Magazine release game (called Poker Machine in the mag), so I suspect that CBM Poker Tournament might be a hack with "bad" words added. Michael has the file, so I hope he can confirm/deny this.
-J2010C-
C=
C=

Poker Tournament

Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:06 am

We are talking about the same game. I have downloaded the polish one, ibut it has a few bugs (eg. crashes when someone gets bankrupt). Would like to play the english version in the near future.... I think you will find that the game i was talking about is exactly the same but has swear words, and has not been hacked into. Still one of the best poker games of all time.

Return to “The GB64 Website”